Where to buy NEX tickets?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17th, 2006, 12:26 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be in Tokyo for only a day and we arrive terminal 2 at 4pm, we then have to go over to terminal 1 to check our luggage for the night, then is when we will catch the NEX to Tokyo station. I read on the NEX website that you have to have reservations but it does not have a place to reserve on line, also I have no clue what time we will finally get to the NEX station after customs and going to the other termial so how could I reserve a time if I dont know which train I need? So do I just get the tickets when I get there? Where is the ticket office in termianl 1? Then on the trip back to the airport do I just buy our tickets at Tokyo station?
This seems like a huge hassle for the one day that we will be there, but Mrs Travelduo is a disney freak and we HAVE to go to Disney Sea! We just HAVE to! Thanks for any help I can get, Jeffrey
Old Nov 17th, 2006, 12:53 PM

<i>So do I just get the tickets when I get there? </i>

Yes.

<i>Where is the ticket office in termianl 1? </i>

Follow the signs. You might find more info and a map here:
http://www.narita-airport.jp/en/index.html

<i>Then on the trip back to the airport do I just buy our tickets at Tokyo station? </i>

You could buy the return tickets at the airport at the same time that you buy your tickets to the city. Otherwise, you can buy the tickets at any JR station.

You might be better off just taking a limo bus. You could take your luggage with you. I once took a bus from Narita airport to a hotel in Shinagawa. IIRC, the hotel had packages that included hotel, transport, and Disney tickets.
Old Nov 17th, 2006, 01:12 PM

The info below is from this website:
http://gojapan.about.com/cs/tokyoent...odisneysea.htm

Official Hotel: Hotel Mira Costa
Tokyo DisneySea Hotel MiraCosta is located in the Mediterranean Harbor. The design of the hotel is medieval Italian-style, and the hotel offers romantic accommodations. Be aware that this hotel is very popular. It's best to make a reservation early. If you are looking for an accommodation deal, JTB and Nihon Travel have various discount plans, which include accommodations at a hotel near Tokyo Disney Resort and DisneySea Passports.*Call JTB at Tokyo 03-5245-5566 and Nihon Travel at Tokyo 03-5445-3131.

Access to the Park:
JR Keiyo Line Maihama Station. Take Disney Resort Line at Resort Gate Station to Tokyo Disney Sea Station.
*Direct Bus from Yokohama, Shinjuku, Haneda Airport, or Narita Airport are available.

DIRECT BUS FROM NARITA AIRPORT! How lucky for you. Now you have now excuse.
Old Nov 17th, 2006, 01:15 PM
Original Poster

We wanted to check our luggage because we want to leave straight from disney to get back to the airport and we are staying at the tokyo dome hotel so i didnt want to cut our day short to have to go back to the hotel to get our luggage then get the limo. does that make sense or am i making it more complicated in my head?
Old Nov 17th, 2006, 01:21 PM
Original Poster

Well I just sent an email to that travel agency, if the price for the hotel isnt too high then I will CX my other reservation at tokyo dome and go with them! It sounds much easier!
Old Nov 17th, 2006, 01:49 PM
emd

traveldu, when are you going? You have to get reservations for Hotel Mira Costa many months in advance; they are always full as it is VERY popular hotel w/the Japanese. It is very expensive. I stayed there, and it is worth the money IMO. But there are several other good hotels right next to Disney Sea that are attached to the park by the monorail. I think these are listed on the Tokyo Disney website. There is a Sheraton and others. The rates at those hotels are much more reasonable, and you are much more likley to get reservations there, unless you trtip is many months from now.

I booked my Mira Costa room the day the rooms opened up for my stay, six months before I went. When I called, the type of room I originally wanted was already GONE.
Old Nov 17th, 2006, 01:50 PM
emd

But definitely try to stay at one of the hotels near the park, as you will waste a lot of time getting into and out of Tokyo if you stay in Tokyo. Airport is closer to Disney.
Old Nov 17th, 2006, 02:14 PM
emd

Your wife (and quite possibly you too) is going to LOVE Disney Sea. I covered out trip there in my trip report last April; if you are interested in reading it, put &quot;EMD trip report&quot; in the search box and look for the 2006 trip report w/my daughter. It is easy to spot from the title. We went to Disney Sea at the end of our stay in Tokyo, on about day 5 of the trip. It was great, loved everything about it.

I think Disney Sea is a great way to spend one day in Tokyo. Bus goes straight there from airport, and you'll be closer to airport than going all the way to Tokyo. Plus Tokyo coudl be disorienting for just one day and you'd have so much to choose from re what to do. Going to Disney Sea is very relaxing, a great break, and it is EASY. Monorail is easy, everything is easy, clean, organized. I hope you are going at a time when the crowds are low, like we did.

You might be thankful your Mrs. took you there...
Old Nov 18th, 2006, 12:19 AM

yes, it certainly does make sense to store your luggage at the airport, especially if you were to take the train in. still makes sense even if you take the limo bus. You'll want to take an overnight bag, with a change of clothes and stuff.

emd, do you know if there are lockers at Disney Sea where the dynamic duo can stash their stuff
Old Nov 18th, 2006, 12:30 AM

There are lockers. The Disney Resort maps show their locations.
Old Nov 18th, 2006, 04:23 AM
Original Poster

Ok, I am going to check this morning to see how much the other hotels are closer to the park and then we can just take the disney bus. The original plan was to take an overnight bag and store it @ disney while we were @ the park, but if we take the bus we can just have all of our bags right? It might be better to still check them @ nrt because they will be full of stuff my wife bought in bangkok and won't be light!
Old Nov 18th, 2006, 04:46 AM

We stay at the Hilton Tokyo Bay when we go to Disney and it is fine...not special, but fine. The restaurant there, Square, is very good though.
Old Nov 18th, 2006, 06:34 AM
emd

Actually, now that I talked to my daughter, the additional hotels are very close to Disney Sea (and you can see them clearly from the monorail, approaching Disney Sea) but the hotels provide shuttle buses to the monorail station closest to them that you then take to Disney Sea. Still very close and convenient though. Only Hotel Mira Costa is right inside Disney Sea.
Old Nov 18th, 2006, 06:37 AM
emd

If you have not found it yet, here is the bus info and timetable for limo bus from Narita to hotels at Disney.

http://www.limousinebus.co.jp/e/time...ita/tdr_h.html
Old Nov 18th, 2006, 07:16 AM
emd

Unfortunately, the limo buses from Narita to Disney hotels stop at 5:10 pm (last one)....
Old Nov 18th, 2006, 08:14 AM
Original Poster

Well it looks like hilton tokyo bay it is! That loos so much easier! Thank you all so much! Where do we actually catch the bus @ disney to get back to nrt? Thanks again so much everyone!
I wanted to go ride Thunder Dolphin by tokyo dome that's why we picked that place first but the hilton looks MUCH better!
Old Nov 18th, 2006, 08:39 AM
Original Poster

ok, so if our planes lands at 4pm is an hour and 10 min enough time to get thru customs and get the bus? and then for our 7pm departure the next day what time should we get the bus to get back to the airport? it looks like there is a bus that leaves the hilton at 2:44, i guess this is the one that we need to take? when we buy our tickets at the airport to get to disney by the bus, can we also buy our return tickets? thanks again.
Old Nov 18th, 2006, 11:02 AM
emd

What airline are you on and what Terminal are you coming in to? That bus timetable is for Terminal 2, but it says at bottom of table that bus departures from Terminal 1 South wing (new area of the airport) is 5 min. later, and North Wing of Terminal 1 is 10 min. later.

If things go well at Narita and your flight is on time and you get through customs quickly, your luggage should be avaialble to you right after you get through customs. Then you can go straight to the limo bus counter, and could do all of this within an hr. if things go well. Maybe you'd even have an extra 5 min. to go to the ATM machine to get some yen. I think you could postpone getting yen from an ATM machine til you get to Disney, but you need to be sure of that. I know they have ATMs at the Welcome Center/Ikspari (sp?) area when you get off the train/monorail at Mahaima (sp?) station at Disney. You need to check the Disney Tokyo website for ATM info if you don't get yen at the airport.

You need a backup plan if the timing is bad and you miss the last bus to the hotels.

From the print under the tables on that page I gave you, it looks like you need to reserve a seat on the bus going from the HIlton to Nartia, and the phone # is given there to do that. Under the timetable w/the return bus times, click on &quot;bus rotues&quot; and it shows you that you will buy your ticket for the return at the first floor bellman desk at the Hilton Tokyo Bay, after earlier having reserved your return seats on the 2:45 pm bus. Take a close look at the maps on that bus routes part of the site, and print them out; you'll need them

And yes, the 2:45 pm bus is the one you want to take on departure day. It should get you back to the airport at 4 pm to 4:15. You can't go any later than that as the next bus is not til almost 5 pm, way too late for you.

If I was you, I'd definitely spend the first evening in the park. You can ride some rides, have dinner, maybe see the great Broadway show &quot;Encore&quot; in the NYC Americana area of the park (to the left of that lagoon), have a drink at the TEddy Roosevelt Lounge on the ship (very cool, loved that place) and top it off with the big spectacular new water/lazer light &quot;BraviSEAmo&quot; show in the lagoon at the front of the park at end of the night. I would not miss that first night in the park. And then you'll have from opening time til 2 pm the next day in the park.

There are no books on Tokyo Disney, but I found some good sites where people reviewed their trips to Disney Sea. In particular, I emailed with a very nice woman who wrote a detailed report and posted pics of her Disney Sea trips on a website. She helped me enormously; I don't think I could have figured out how to make the reservations by long distance at hotel Mira Costa without her help (I couldn't even figure out what number to call, and then the recordings were in Japanese, etc.- she walked me thru all of it). She posts her email address on her site. I will see if I can find that, because she might be able to help you w/the alternative plan if you miss the last bus after arrival. She and her husband have been to Tokyo Disney many times, going there straight from the airport like you are and she has a wealth of info. I'll try to dig up some of those sites and her email address for you this weekend, so look back here later.

Old Nov 18th, 2006, 11:14 AM
emd

More bus info from the Disney site:

http://tinyurl.com/yn4bt4

I am trying to figure out if you can get from Narita to Disney's Maihama JR station by train without going into Tokyo and switching. I think you might be able to. See this map:

http://tinyurl.com/ymuoo3

Old Nov 18th, 2006, 02:27 PM
emd

I think if you miss the last bus from Narita to Disney you could possibly take the Keisi line train from Nartia airport to Funabashi station, get off and switch to the JR Sobu line one stop to Nishi-Funabashi, then swithc to the JR KEiyo line and go to Disney's Maihama stop. If I was going to try that, I'd definitely store my luggage at the airport for the overnight stay though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -