Where should I stay in Thailand Please Help

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11th, 2010, 03:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be travelling in June we were looking at Phuket and Koh Samui will be travelling with an elderly dad and an older son so need to be close to things to save dad the walking (will bring a wheelchair to help him if needed)
What can you advise me
The type of things we are looking for are a good choice of eating places / Bars /cafes a nice beach and sea to swim in , a spa to visit good views for dad to look at and a really nice hotel with a lift or ground floor rooms .
would anyone be able to help please .
Is the sea nice to swim in? and what is the weather like in mid June?
Old Mar 11th, 2010, 06:41 AM

Phuket is rainy in June, average rainfall over 8 inches, Koh Samui is drier, about 4 inches of rain, and Hua Hin is even drier. So part of your decision hinges on how you feel about rain. If you are someone who feels your vacation would be ruined by a couple of afternoons of rain, you shouldn't chance Phuket. The sea can also be rough in Phuket during this time. If the rain won't bother you, the low season means you can get very good prices on some lovely properties.

Tell us what your budget per night is. Are you planning on getting two rooms or do you need a suite? People will be better able to help you with suggestion with this information.
Old Mar 11th, 2010, 06:46 AM

Katie is right. Hua Hin and Ko Samui have much better weather in June. Don't ignore Bangkok. It is a magical city and can be very relaxing. There are great hotels by the river from $150 and up.
Old Mar 11th, 2010, 06:48 AM

i have been to phuket several times in june without any rain at all...so i think it really depends on the year...

as for nice hotels, may i suggest the following:

le meridien and jw marriott in khoa lak
anantara in koh samui
hyatt in hua hin as well as the sheraton, but you need a car at sheraton really
sheraton near krabi and also the sofitel
Old Mar 11th, 2010, 06:50 AM

in bangkok any of the river hotels or large hotels in the city center....but the river hotels might be nice for dad with watching the river traffic
Old Mar 11th, 2010, 08:58 AM
Original Poster

hi dont mind rain but would have liked to be able to enjoy the sea we will want 2or 3 rooms and at least a 4* hotel thanks
Old Mar 11th, 2010, 09:57 AM

budget?
Old Mar 11th, 2010, 09:59 AM

please be more specific about costs.. like give us a range....4* means nothing in thailand quite honestly...
Old Mar 11th, 2010, 10:00 AM

you might think about serviced apartments with multiple bedrooms like the centre point complexes and the marriott and the ascott complexes or the conrad-- all in bkk
Old Mar 11th, 2010, 10:45 AM

The thing about the sea during the rainy season is that the red flags will post probably be up. That means dangerous currents. You may or may not have rain. I've been to Phuket in July, August, and September, and have usually had mostly sunny weather, or overcast but not much rain. When it does rain, it can really come down. We had a real downpour on Koh Samui once, and this was in July.

I would agree that you should consider spending time in Bangkok, and not just go to the beaches!
Old Mar 11th, 2010, 11:29 AM

Phuket is NOT rainy in June....particularly.....maybe an afternoon shower, but nothing to put you off visiting. We have made several visits at that time of year, and have never had a bad time through weather.

Bangkok is many things, but relaxing??????....Not in my experience. It's certainly worth some time, but relaxing is not an adjective that I could ever tag on to Bangkok.

You want a nice beach and sea for swimming, so, either Phuket or Samui will fit the bill. You might also like to consider the Sheraton at Krabi. A very nice superior resort, which has everything you are asking for.