Where does Star Clipper dock in Phuket?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26th, 2008, 01:19 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are on a Star Clipper cruise leaving from Phuket Nov. 22. We arrive at 11:30am. We can't board the ship until 3:00pm and it doesn't sail until 10:00pm. Where does the Star Clipper sail from? What could we do for a half day on Phuket after dropping our luggage at the dock/office? What's the best way to get from the airport to the ship-taxi or arrange for a pick up service?
Old Jul 26th, 2008, 07:43 PM

the taxi service is cheap in phuket...ignor all the people who approach you and walk out of the terminal, turn right and go to the end and you will see a taxi stand just across the narrow driveway....they will help you very efficiently...you need thai cash however, which you can get by the luggage turnstiles---none outside as i remember...

i think then i would have them drop me at the new mall in patong if that is near to the boat dock?? i'm not sure where the boat dock would be...others will tell you
Old Jul 27th, 2008, 01:03 AM

The cruise ship terminal is down near Phuket Town, pretty much the opposite end of the island from the airport.

However, Bob's idea isn't a bad one. Grab a taxi to Jungceylon in Patong, then another one from there to the pier. The shopping center will most likely have some place to park your bags while you shop. Most of them in Thailand do.
Old Jul 27th, 2008, 01:40 AM

Think I read somewhere that Star Clipper anchors in Patong Bay, and you embark via small boats. Don't think it actually 'docks'.
Old Jul 27th, 2008, 10:02 AM

i think i saw checked luggage in the basement near to the car park entrance???
Old Jul 27th, 2008, 03:03 PM

I guess it must be the same ship, it anchors in the bay at Patong ( amazing sight ! ) - I agree Jungceylon, I would though 'ask them' as these such cruise services are , in my limited knowledge, pretty well organised, you have mentioned 'dropping our luggage at the dock/office' so I guess they have advised they have such an arrangement, which seems natural, passengers must be arriving at various times so they no doubt have such an arrangement. You can shop, relax, if you want to freshen-up then go along to the Hideaway Spa on Soi Nanai and you can massage and also get a shower and relax. Then perhaps have a meal and then head out to the ship ( lucky you ! looks amazing )

http://www.phuket-hideaway.com/patong.day.spa.htm

If you see their map you can see it's not far from the beach though you need to tuk-tuk there.

This is so long as it's not at the docks, which as said is other side of the island.
Old Aug 3rd, 2008, 08:34 PM
Original Poster

I will have to contact Star Clippers to see where the ship sails from. I feel very lucky we get to explore this part of Thailand from a sailing ship for 7 days. I have been to Bangkok twice, and Chiang Mai, but never to the coast and island of Thailand. I'll email the spa and see what they suggest.