Reload this Page >

What is the most comfortable airline to Japan next cheapest

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14th, 2002, 01:30 PM
Sarah

Yes I am wondering first who the most comfortable carriers are to Japan and then on separate suggestion if it is separate in your mind please tell me the cheapest option. I am flying from New York so it is a long haul and I want to be cozy will also consider cost not sure what will win me out at this point.

Old Jan 14th, 2002, 01:43 PM
Kathie

Any of the carriers will be comfortable if you can upgrade to business class. Check your frequent flier miles. I always buy a coach ticket and use my miles to upgrade.

Old Jan 14th, 2002, 05:05 PM
Jun

I prefer Asian carriers because they usually have personal TV screens, which makes your journey less boring. Seat pitch between airlines are usually 2-3 inches, which doesn't make a big difference.

Old Jan 20th, 2002, 01:39 PM
Anna

We flew JAL from Chicago to Tokyo and were very happy. Each seat had its own TV monitor with a range of movies and video games.

Old Jan 21st, 2002, 05:29 AM
Kathy

I just returned home from Bangkok via Narita and SFO airport on United. I also upgraded to business class with frequent flier miles. It was really worth it! Lot's of room and attention from the crew, individual TV screens too. You also get to use the Red Carpet Lounge at the airport during your layovers. I will never fly to Asia on anything other than business class again.

Old Jan 21st, 2002, 09:19 PM
pebble

SQ has a promotion now - $398 USD from LA to Tokyo. <BR><BR>SQ is by far the most comfortable. I fly to Japan on business on JAL and SQ and I prefer SQ - new seats, better food, and a up to date new movie release entertainment system!<BR><BR>Think you can depart from New York too - also see if you can get a $1 USD stopover in Singapore with the flight (includes accomodation and passes to night safari, sentosa and parks)

Old Feb 3rd, 2002, 05:07 PM
Paul

I've used JAL and Continental and liked JAL a little better. My Japanese business friends seem to like ANA the best. I haven't yet tried them.