Reload this Page >

WHAT ARE THE BEST BEACHES TAILAND

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13th, 2001, 07:23 PM
susangrimsley

What are the most beutiful beaches in tailand <BR>When would be the best time to go there. Where should I fly into, to be accesible to the best beaches. Thanks for your help

Old Feb 15th, 2001, 09:28 AM
Roger

The best beach in Thailand and one of the best beaches in Asia is Chaweng Beach on Ko Samui. Fly via Bangkok Air out of BKK - round trip 6,300 Baht per person (US$150). #2. Patong Beach, Phuket Island. Thai Airways flies 10 time daily from Bkk. #3. Hua Hin Beach. 12 Trains a day leave from BKK 3to4 hours. #4 Pattaya Town Beach. South of BKK by train, bus or car. Have fun!

Old Feb 17th, 2001, 08:13 AM
RTK

2nd vote for Chaweng Beach on Ko Samui. Canadians working in Hong Kong. I have taken my family there 3X so far. Always stay at the Chaweng Resort on the beachside. My boss has been there with his family 14X in the last 10 yrs. The remaining 5 staff in my department have all been there at least once. <BR> <BR>Have fun. <BR>RTK

Old Feb 18th, 2001, 05:28 AM
seta

Samui is very nice, but THE absolute best would be <BR>1) Phi-Phi island <BR>2) Koh Nang Yuan <BR>3) Krabi (Haad Phra Nang) <BR> <BR>I'm Thai, trust me.

Old Feb 20th, 2001, 04:45 AM
katja

Just got back from a trip to Phuket and Krabi yesterday and I must say that Patong beach in Phuket does NOT compare with the beaches in Krabi. There are two better beaches (Karon and Kata) in Phuket which do not have the surrounding sleeze as Patong (and Pattaya) has. But the the scenery (and the beaches) around Karbi are (and Phi Phi) was absolutely fabulous!