Reload this Page >

WATERSPORTS AND SHOPPING IN PENANG

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19th, 1999, 01:14 AM
Tracey

My husband and I are holidaying in Penang in July this year. Can anyone tell me what sort of watersports are available and the sort of prices we are looking at. We are staying at the Casuarina Hotel. We would also like to know where the best places are for shopping. <BR>Especially kid's and adult clothing. <BR> If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. This is our first overseas trip and as it was a last minute booking, we need to find out LOTS in a very short time. <BR> <BR>Thanks, Tracey.

Old Jun 22nd, 1999, 01:48 AM
Winnie

Hello Tracey, <BR> <BR>You may be able to get some info at this site http://www.cari.com.my This is a Malaysian site and they have info on Penang. As for shopping, you didn't specify what kind of clothes ~ branded or casuals?. IF is is casual wear, there are plenty of shops, just ask the concierge at Casuarina for details of the newer shopping malls. There's a shopping complex called Island Plaza nearby (but not within walking distance) to the hotel. As a matter of fact, a friend of mine own a Camel Apparel Shop in there on the first floor. If you are there and need directions, go to this shop and speak with Ronnie or Ivy. I remember theres a shop selling past season's branded wear like Boss/Atelier/Etienne Aigner/Cerutti on the first or second floor....pretty good bargains. <BR> <BR> The beach hotels are situated away from city centre so you have to take a taxi but there are not many taxis around. Always ask the concierge for the approx. fare before you leave the hotel. There are lots of restaurants along the road to your hotel but the locals go to one further down the road and it's called 'the end of the world'. They serve seafood cooked local style. I'm not sure if you are able to get a taxi back to your hotel after dinner. Like the name, it is 'the end of the world, therefore a bit secluded. It is actually situated in a village. Maybe you can hire taxi for a round trip. <BR> <BR>I live in Kuala Lumpur and holiday in Penang every couple of months but I'm not really that familiar with the place. <BR> <BR> Hope these info helps. <BR> <BR>Bye and good luck and WELCOME TO MALAYSIA. <BR> <BR>Winnie

Old Jun 30th, 1999, 06:54 PM
Tracey

Thanks for you advice Winnie. Very much appreciated. My husband is very interested in going fishing while we are there, does anyone know about tours etc. that might be available? <BR> <BR>Thanks, Tracey.

Old Sep 7th, 1999, 04:14 PM
Kathy

Hi Tracy <BR> <BR>How was your holiday, My boyfriend and I are going to Penang for the millenium. How was your holiday, we have not booked anywhere to stay yet. We were tryign to book the Casuirina hotel but it is booked as are the Shangri Las hotel group. We don;t want to be anywhere deserted for new years eve, have you any recommendations. Also we love fishing did you manage to fish. What did you love about the place. Did you go anywhere else. <BR> <BR>Thanks for any help <BR> <BR> <BR>Kathy <BR> <BR>

Old Sep 26th, 1999, 06:17 AM
Olle

not many of the hookers are in to watersports theese day's.. Try on of the Kathoey's.. they might be willing <BR>good luck, Olle