Visit to Vetnam

Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:46 PM
Original Poster

Visit to Vetnam

Aloha to All,

I am visting North and hopefully central Vietnam with GF in mid to late September this year. I have visited Asia before but never Vietnam. Have a couple of questions if someine has the answer or suggestions much appreicated:

1) can you fly from Hanoi to Danang daily year round? are there direct flights every day? I see daily flights on Vietnam Airways website but after August they show no flights or drastically reduced to once or twice aweek. Wondering if they haven't updated site for that timeframe or if they reduce flights during off season. Would be willing to stop in HCMC is have to but certainley would prefer direct.

2) We will be in Thailand for 6 days before 7 days before we want to go Hanoi or Hoi An, Is this enough time to get a visa in Thailand? IS there away to get the visa before we leave. We live in Maui so we don't have consulates or anything like accessable. Would love to get the visa before we come if possible, any thoughts appreciated
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:57 PM

You need to get the visa before you go - Check it out - http://www.vietnamembassy-usa.org/co...ces/visa_info/.

They don't post the fee online but provide you with a link to email. I am in the process of getting my visa, also for a September visit - you must pay the fee in two separate money orders - SINGLE ENTRY, ONE-MONTH, REGULAR SERVICE:
- ONE MONEY ORDER OF $25.00 (MEMO LINE: VISA FEE).
- ONE MONEY ORDER OF $40.00 (MEMO LINE: REGULAR PROCESSING FEE).

Let me know if you have any questions.
Jul 2nd, 2007, 01:03 PM

There have been a number of recent posts about VN visas. You could certainly get one in Bangkok, but it will take up a bit of your precious time there. A number of people have used the electronic visa option from vietnamstay.com You pre-pay for a portion of the visa cost, and pay a "stamping fee" upon arrival at the Hanoi or HCMC airport. You must have the email with you certifying that you have a pre-arranged visa in order to board your flight into Vietnam.

Do a search here for recent posts about VN visas.
Jul 2nd, 2007, 01:08 PM

If you don't want to trek over to the embassy yourself in Bangkok, any of the travel agencies there will do it for you for a fee. Just wander down Khao San road and you'll find lots, if your hotel doesn't have one.
Jul 2nd, 2007, 09:22 PM

There are 3 flights/day between Hanoi and Danang on Vietnam Air. Pacific Airways also flies this route.
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:01 PM

We have used http://www.passports plus for our visas to China and VietNam and have been very happy with their service.

You can download a visa application on their web site.