visas troubles Burma

Search

visas troubles Burma

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3rd, 2007, 08:58 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
visas troubles Burma

I checked out Thorntree regarding problems getting a visa to Myanmar ... before I sink any more money into this trip, does anyone know if it's a problem getting a visa from the US.

Wintertravel, are you still going in Dec?

Regards
ldtc2
Old Nov 4th, 2007, 02:03 AM

When I traveled to Myanmar this past May 07, I encountered no problems obtaining the visa here in New York. Actually I was probably the only person seeking a visa that entire week.
Old Nov 4th, 2007, 06:43 AM
Original Poster

I thought the embassy is in Washington? I will check out the NY embassy as it's closer to me.
Thanks
Old Nov 4th, 2007, 07:06 AM

The Myanmar Embassy is in Washington, DC. However there is also the "Myanmar Permanent Mission To The United Nations" at 10 East 77th Street in NYC.
Old Nov 4th, 2007, 08:23 AM
Original Poster

Hi Craig,

Very disconcerting what's going on in Burma. They took away my "late night" flight into BKK. Thai Air "swears" that I will make the hour and 15 minute connector... They are not renewing the UN representative's status.... I have to make my final decision by the end of November. This is turning into a bit of a "nightmare" vacation. My friends from London can't get medical emergency insurance so they opted out .... travelex says that it will still cover for medical emergency .... so...
Old Dec 19th, 2007, 08:49 AM

ldtc2,

getting a visa to burma is really not a problem. you need to provide them a little info which i think can be done online and arrange for it ahead, but we actually got it there, once we had done these advance steps.

everything is back to business as usual. i am literally just back from burma. the people are WONDERFUL and have been receiving many cancellations. you can travel around to areas of the country that are permitted easily and everyone is incredibly friendly. you will find many people will speak some English too.

i travel a great deal and this trip was one of the best. now is the perfect time to go!

any q's, please ask.

bonnie

ps you can also fly from yangon to bkk on bangkok air which was every bit as good as thai, which is excellent. if you have time between flights in bkk you can pay for access to thai lounges which are very nice if you do not otherwise have access.

bonnie