Visa for travel from HK to Guangzhou?

Mar 9th, 2000, 02:46 PM
Posts: n/a
Visa for travel from HK to Guangzhou?

Help! I am going to be in Hong Kong in April and want to take a ferry or train from Kowloon to Guangzhou and can find no information on whether a special VISA is required for that short trip (NOT IN FODOR'S). Macau is mentioned (none required) but what about a US citizen going to Guangzhou. Anybody out there know? Much thanks! Michael Klein ([email protected])
Mar 9th, 2000, 06:59 PM
Posts: n/a
You need a visa to go to China, which can be obtained from any China Travel Services offices in HK. The cost ranging from HK$160 to HK$540 depending on how urgent you need it. It valid for 3 months with single entry.
Or check the following page:
Mar 12th, 2000, 07:16 AM
Posts: n/a
You can also get one from the Chinese consulate in San Francisco or the embassy in D.C. Just go to the Chinese embassy website on the internet.
Mar 13th, 2000, 10:22 PM
Posts: n/a
When you are in Hong Kong you can get a visa from the China visa office in the China Resources Building in Wanchai. The cost is HK$100 for one visa or $150 for two entries. The visa usually takes a day to process. If you want express (same day) service, the additional cost is HK$100.
Mar 14th, 2000, 04:57 PM
Posts: n/a
We had a group visa which was included in our tour. We went by boat and returned by train. We were staying at the Kowloon Shangrila. Very worthwhile trip and we as cacusains were a great curiosity. By the way the farmer's market is where you can buy exotic things to eat (read that dog and monkey--really)
Forget macau it is not worth your time

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy -


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:31 PM.