Viking River Cruises

Old Oct 27th, 2004, 09:38 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Viking River Cruises

We have booked a China tour with Viking River Cruises. Only 3 days of the tour are on the river, so I was wondering what the company reputation is for the land portion. It seems like we stay in upscale hotels. Also, do they use mainstream airlines and direct routes when booking your air?
Old Nov 2nd, 2004, 06:42 AM
Jed

I suspect that I am out of place for asking, but my curiosity is getting the best of me.

Why did you book the trip before asking these questions?
Old Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:03 AM
Original Poster

I know . . .my face is red. I usually throughly research tour companies, but this was an offer I couldn't refuse - timing and price. I am familiar with upscale outfits like Tauck, but had not heard much about this one.
Old Nov 3rd, 2004, 05:35 AM

emckeeve,
we are a travel agency and booked clients with Viking River cruises both in China and Europe and this is upscale reputable tour operator. They will tell you which airline they use when they will ticket (approx 60-45 days before departure). Check with your travel agent. Enjoy your trip.
Sophia
Old Nov 3rd, 2004, 09:59 AM

We went on a Viking Danube cruise sailing from Vienna last year with my in laws. They purchased their air through Viking and were given a tentative flight schedule shortly after booking. When I saw their air schedule, I was concerned because Viking had routed them through Frankfurt with only a 45 minute connection. I contacted my TA who was able to get Viking to change their flights to an Austrian Air nonstop into Vienna. This was done without any deviation charge to them. If you're concerned about your flight schedule, I would suggest contacting Viking now to see if they have this information already. And if you're unhappy with the routing, see what alternative arrangements can be made.
Old Nov 8th, 2004, 05:42 PM

We're planning on taking the Viking trip next year, with the optional trip to Tibet. My travel agent recommends Viking highly--she has booked in Europe with them for many years. One of her clients took the China tour in May and again in September because he loved it so much!