COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Vietnam Visa

Old Mar 8th, 2020, 03:27 PM
Original Poster

Vietnam Visa

I just applied for our Vietnam visas through Vietnam Visa Center. We leave March 26 and will be spending a few nights in Bangkok and getting to Saigon on March 31. Because of "health concerns" (COVID-19) they are requiring an itinerary of where we will be in Vietnam and when. I don't have an actual printed itinerary since I made all the flight and hotel arrangements myself so I just typed out the dates where we will be and what hotels we will be staying at on any given date. I hope this is sufficient. I thought I would give anyone going to Vietnam in the near future the heads up of what is required.
Old Mar 9th, 2020, 11:36 AM

There is now a "cluster" in Vietnam due to a flight from LHR.

Vietnam has temporarily suspended visa-free travel for citizens from eight European countries, including the UK.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...row-to-vietnam
Old Mar 9th, 2020, 02:06 PM
Original Poster

I got our approval letter today from the Vietnamese government. The service I used said that they just want to make sure we have not been to China, South Korea or Italy but that makes no sense since they did not ask where we've been, only where we are going.
Old Mar 25th, 2020, 04:03 AM

Vietnam is suspending entry for foreigners from March 22, you know?
Old Mar 25th, 2020, 11:35 AM
Original Poster

Yes, I know. The US will not let me travel either. We've already cancelled the trip.