Vietnam+Laos+Cambodia

Jul 10th, 2005, 10:39 AM
Original Poster

Vietnam+Laos+Cambodia

I am planning a trip to these three countries end Oct to mid Nov. A travel agent I have contacted as well, Diethelm, proposes a one day return visit from Hanoi to Ha Long Bay, and another day to go and visit Ninh Binh. Does that sound reasonably doable to Fodorites. I am a bit surprised about the Ha Long one day return. Opinions welcome. Thks
Jul 10th, 2005, 04:35 PM

I would suggest that you sleep in Ha Long Bay overnight as we did, on a boat. It was quite lovely. It's a long haul by car to get up there. I can't recall how long but it was long. Have them arrange an overnight stay, and you can return the next day.

LDTC2
Jul 10th, 2005, 04:39 PM

How much time do you have? If time is no option, definitely stay over.
Jul 11th, 2005, 07:46 AM
Original Poster

In the programme they worked out, I would have to chose between a second day for Halong or a third day in Angkor Vat, later on in the itinerary. What would you do, glorialf?
Jul 11th, 2005, 08:29 AM

i did halong bay in a one day trip which for me was plenty...i sort of found it boring after the initial look around....we stayed a couple of nites in hyphong around the visit to halong...i think it would be too far for one day from hanoi...