using a service to get your China visa

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11th, 2005, 05:52 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone ever used a service offered in the US to go to the Chinese Embassy and get your visa for you?

We don't have time to go ourselves but we are nervous about sending all of our information to a third party albeit that is their business.

Anyone know about this type of service?
Old Oct 11th, 2005, 06:15 AM

That's how everybody does it unless he/she lives near an embassy/consulate, as there's no convenient alternatives.

Each of the regional Chinese consulate has its own website and some, if not all, have a list of approved agents who can take care of you.

Or tell us where you are, and some of us can recommend an agent.
Old Oct 11th, 2005, 07:03 AM

Last fall, we got our single entry visas from China International Travel Service (CITS) in Pasadena, CA. They handled the job efficiently and promptly. Go to their website <www.citsusa.com> for details. I understand CITS is appointed by the Chinese government to sign visas like the Embassy or consulates.

Old Oct 11th, 2005, 08:01 AM

If you give someone your passport and completed application, can they obtain visa for you, or do you have to go in person?

9 of us are going to Beijing in November, and 1 of the group is planning to go to NY and obtain the visas for everyone.
Old Oct 11th, 2005, 08:26 AM

It shouldn't be a problem. I got ours for both of us and there were many people in line with stacks of passports.
Old Oct 11th, 2005, 08:53 AM

I didn't do one for China but I just received mine back from the Vietnam and Cambodian Embassies. Our price for two visas for each country was less than what a service wanted to charge for one. I printed the applications from the embassy websites and sent everything by UPS. Visas for each country were returned within a week of the embassy receiving them. One took a personal check and the other wanted a money order which was easy enough to get. I was a bit nervous about sending them off but took advice from others on this board and am glad I saved the money. I can't imagine that obtaining a visa from China could be much different. Good luck.
Old Oct 11th, 2005, 09:07 AM

mileaday - China is different because they specifically say they don't do mail-in visas here. Either through an agent or in-person.
Old Oct 11th, 2005, 09:39 AM

There are a few places that do it for you, including maybe your travel agent if you're going through one....but it's not free. But if you don't have an embassy/consulate office near you, then it might be your best bet and it shouldn't be a problem.
Old Oct 11th, 2005, 10:34 AM
Original Poster

we are near Philadelphia, PA on the east coast. I looked on the consulate website for Washington and there was no list of approved agencies. The NY consulate webpage must be down or blocking me for some reason so I couldn't check that one.
I did see online 2 companies- fly china and visa rite.
Anyone know of these?
I'll check the CITS and see if they have an agent on the east coast...
Old Oct 14th, 2005, 06:59 AM
Original Poster

ttt
Old Oct 14th, 2005, 11:16 PM

AAA offers a visa service that is reliable and quick. It takes about a week’s time. Also in NYC, you can try to contact one of the travel agents in China town. They will offer visa services at a lower rate than normal services generally.