US Visa problem pls HELP!!

Old Jul 10th, 2007, 07:20 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
US Visa problem pls HELP!!

i am from the philippines i've been before to USA as Student visa holder but when i applied for tourist visa in the philippines i was denied is it possible for me to apply for a tourist visa in singapore? is it easy to get a visa in singapore? or do you have any suggestion what country here in asia can i easily get a visa to USA. thank you
Old Jul 10th, 2007, 07:30 PM

Unlike some other countries, where the visa rule enforcement can vary from embassy to embassy, the US visa rules are uniformly enforced at every embassy. You're no more likely to get a visa in Singapore than you were in Philippines.

You were most likely refused a visa on the grounds that there was reason to believe you would stay in the US and not return to the Philippines.
Old Jul 10th, 2007, 07:39 PM

there must be an appeals procedure....if you feel that you did nothing wrong on your previous visit, then go for the appeals.....what reason did they give you??
Old Jul 10th, 2007, 08:09 PM

Unmarried young people (especially males) from 3rd world countries have a heck of time getting visas these days. I surely understand the objective but unfortunately we seem to be denying our friends and admitting our enemies.

There is no appeals process. They can reject you for any or no reason and you cannot learn why. AND they keep your application fee which last I checked was $US100 -- a whole lot of money for some people. You can apply again, but you have to pay again and have no guarantee that the outcome will be any different.

traveller, are you associated with any US company? A sponsor letter is in my experience helpful (though again, no guarantee).
Old Jul 11th, 2007, 12:20 AM

The only way around is to find a US citizen or company to sponsor your trip.

Once I paid for my boat deckhand to accompany me to Hawaii and Midway Island to help me take video of the fishing there and he kept getting rejected by the Bangkok embassy. I had to write a letter to the US embassy(I'm a US citizen) and a visa was granted.

Good luck!