Reload this Page >

US to China flight

Search

US to China flight

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27th, 2000, 03:54 AM
Marie

US to China flight

Have never been on a plane for more than 3 hours at one sitting. Am concerned about the 18 hour flying time (25 hour total connecting time). Can anyone offer suggestions, tips, etc. to help alleviate my anxieties. Must make decision about signing up for tour or not in the next few days.

Old Jul 27th, 2000, 04:50 AM
Lincoln

I have been flying those trips almost twice a year for the last 31 years and I am only 31. My suggestion is to book on a airline that has private individual TV sets. There vare usually 2 to 3 good movies and a few good TV programs. That should kill up 7 hours. I will then buy two to three magazines or newspaper. I will then read every articles on it. That will kill another five hours. Finally, I will get a good book. On my last few trips, I never even got to my books because I went out of time on board. Meanwhile, I usually brought on board a bunch

Old Jul 27th, 2000, 04:55 AM
Lincoln

I have finished my last post. I usually brought a bunch of things to write.... usually letters, business, etc.

Old Jul 27th, 2000, 06:59 AM
Emily

I have to fly across the Pacific at least once a year and all of the above suggestions are good. Catching a few hours of sleep here and there can also kill some time. In addition, I try to put myself in the right frame of mind by remembering that the early pioneers and hearty explorers had to spend weeks and months getting to where I'm going in only 18 hours, so why am I making such a fuss? (This doesn't always help.)

Old Jul 27th, 2000, 03:02 PM
fran

<BR>I take a flight which will be traveling at nite and I sleep. This takes care of several hours, if it's an early flight I take melatonin to help me fall asleep. I've never been on a full international flight and can always find two or three seats to lay down. Good Luck.

Old Jul 27th, 2000, 04:48 PM
Cindy

Save all those frequent flier miles for an upgrade to business class. It makes a world of difference. <BR> <BR>Cindy <BR>ChinaOnYourMind.com <BR>Your One-stop China Travel Consultant