Search

Upgrading On SriLankan Air?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8th, 2011, 05:59 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Upgrading On SriLankan Air?

Hi!

Happily we are flying from London to Colombo next month!

After booking you are able to confirm your seats and the plane graphic shows a business class and first class on the flight, however, elsewhere on the website it discusses only business class.

Anyway, we are booked economy but I have tried to find out how much it is to upgrade upon check in.

Does anyone have experience with this?

istuti!
Old Sep 9th, 2011, 04:01 AM

No experience no one seems to be helping you here is a link...

SriLankan Airlines official Airport and Onboard product and service Star Ranking in SriLankan Airlines 3-Star quality rating.
www.airlinequality.com/Airlines/UL.htm

Contacting tha airline directly might

be the best way to find out about this...

Happy Travels!
Old Sep 9th, 2011, 10:44 PM

I have attempted to purchase upgrades on arrival at Heathrow on a number of occasions with various airlines (not Sri Lanka). I only ended up buying on one occasion. The reason for this was that the upgrade charges seemed extortionate, in one case more than twice the fare I had paid for econonmy.

As Sri Lanka is not one of the major airlines there policy MAY be different but in my experience it is almost always cheaper to book in advance and your best bet may be to call the airline's London office.

Alternatively you good always try for a free upgrade. For some largley tongue in cheek pointers see http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2007/jan/06/2
Old Sep 10th, 2011, 07:31 AM
Original Poster

Hi-thanks so much for the response qwovadis-it was getting quite lonely on this thread!

I will post the facts when I get them to help complete this record.

crellston, hello-sadly, we dont fly overseas often but when we have we have found similar (that the cost of the upgrade is laughably impossible for us to justify).

For flights within the US we have had better luck. Sometimes only $50-$100 to upgrade so in those cases well worth it-and the only way weve ever been able to justify enjoying anything other than economy!

Our flight from US to London is 7 hours-a nighttime full flight on British Airways.

Then an 11 hour nighttime flight from London to Colombo on SriLankan Air. Ive read about seats in business/first class that recline nearly flat (and that the aisles are actually paved with gold) so that wouldve been really nice.

And your link-hilarious!

I thought for sure the shmooze technique was best until I read the "recent accident!" Im ordering my papier mache supplies right now =)

Still laughing...nice.