Reload this Page >

Two cities in China

Search

Two cities in China

Search this Thread

Old May 15th, 2002, 05:54 AM
Terry

Two cities in China

I will take my first trip to China this year from Detroit. I am interested in food, shopping (primarily for leather goods), culture and golf. I would assume that Beijing is one obvious choice......what would be another? <BR>The trip will be a total of 11 days.

Old May 17th, 2002, 05:25 AM
Mary Beth

Terry, you are the man! What a great question. You are so right about Beijing. Any other big city that you choose will be the place to be because you are there. You go BOY!<BR>Mary Beth

Old May 17th, 2002, 06:35 AM
Les

Mary Beth,<BR>What was that all about?<BR><BR>Terry,<BR>Try Hong Kong.

Old May 17th, 2002, 08:15 AM
pat

I would suggest Shanghai, Paris of asia.

Old May 17th, 2002, 12:47 PM
McH

Terry,<BR><BR>From the description of your interests I would also suggest Shanghai. It is a modern, busy city with a lot of shopping opportunities, the chance to see some shows (acrobatics) and eat very good food. In Beijing you could try going to the Chinese Opera, quite a different experience.<BR><BR>Good luck,<BR><BR>McH<BR><BR>Good luck,<BR><BR>McH

Old May 21st, 2002, 10:19 PM
HK Traveler

I would suggest either Shanghai or Hong Kong.<BR><BR>Shanghai is an up and coming metropolitan humming with activities. You will see people and new buildings everywhere you go. The city is not very accessible to non-Mandarin speakers though.<BR><BR>Hong Kong is a true metropolitan in every sense of the word. It rivals London and NY as a financial center and is just as westernized as any cities that you visit in Asia. It is an interesting blend of the east and west that makes the place unique.