Search

Trisara

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25th, 2006, 07:23 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trisara

I'm now debating between Trisara and Amanpuri for an upcoming trip. I've seen many posts regarding Amanpuri, but very few (really nothing substantive since late 04-early 05) on Trisara. Has anyone stayed there within the past year? If so, I'd appreciate your thoughts on the place in terms of setting, accommodations, service, food, etc. If you also have stayed at Amanpuri, I'd really appreciate your thoughts on how Trisara compares with it. Thanks.
Old Oct 27th, 2006, 07:24 AM
Original Poster

Nothing, huh? Well, if no one has any recent personal experience with Trisara, does anyone have any recent anecdotal or second-hand info to share? Thanks.
Old Oct 27th, 2006, 02:01 PM

I am also debating between the Amanpuri, Trisara and the Banyon Tree Resort. It seems that at the Banyon Tree resort we would be able to get a pool villa for the same price as the entry room at the Amanpuri and Trisara. We are trying to figure out which hotel is the best kept and most luxurious. Any recommendations?
Old Oct 28th, 2006, 12:35 AM

You should think about which beach area you want to stay in, although it is relatively easy to get around deciding on beach area is important in relation as to whether you want to be close to a large choice of restaurants and shopping or whether you are happy commuting from a quiet beach area to say those with more activities, restaurants etc.

The Banyan Tree is 'not' on the beach, the Trisara is also not on the beach and although has 'views' this means it is high up.

The prices for Amanpuri and Trisara are of course high, but you need to decide how you want to spend your days, how important having a lux room and/or own pool are.
If you intend spending most of your time staying within your hotel/resort then the facilities and room are more important, but if you enjoy the 'beach' then make sure you have a 'beach' property, if you want access to restaurants be sure you are not remote, and if you plan on doing day trips and tours balance that against the costs of some of these places.

If you want your own pool then this will limit you greatly.

There are places such as Mom Tri's Villa Royale ( Kata beach ), fine service, superb location, totally different from the others but offering a quality room in a great beachfront location and easy access to restaurants and activities. There are many fine resorts and hotels at prices that are well way down below Trisara and Amanpuri prices !

If you can give us ideas how you want to spend days and evenings it can help give lots of ideas, many of the prime beachfront places tend to be resorts that have been there for many years, but there is a large choice. I lived on Phuket many years and frrequent down there on a regular basis, many on this board have stayed at good places, but deciding 'which beach' and how you want to spend your time helps a lot, it comes down to 'do you want/need to spend substantial amount on accommodation or are you conent with something that is comfortable, convenient and offering a good vacation experience for a lot less money.
Old Oct 28th, 2006, 12:37 AM

Also tell us what time of year, what is $500 at one time can be $160 at another !