Singapore Ideas Needed

Search

Singapore Ideas Needed

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10th, 2015, 12:03 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Singapore Ideas Needed

I will have a day in port in SIngapore in February. I will be back in SIngapore to spend more time after the cruise and will do the typical tourist stuff then. I am looking for a suggestion that might take me to something out of usual. I like small group private tours. hate ship tours. Any ideas?
Old Sep 10th, 2015, 12:14 PM

No need for a tour at all in Singapore - just choose what interests you most. Public transport is fast and easy. Taxis are very reasonable. Everyone speaks English.

Some of my favorite places are: The Botanical Gardens, especially the orchid gardens, the Museum of Asian Civilizations, a walk through Raffles Arcade and their little museum. I haven't yet been to the Gardens by the Bay, but have heard good things about it. Not knowing what interests you, it's hard to make recommendations for something unusual... I once put together a "tour" of the commercial orchid gardens for myself, for instance.

Singapore is a fun city, but is now the most expensive city in the world for travelers.
Old Sep 10th, 2015, 12:56 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your quick reply. All of those interest me and plan to do when I am back after cruise is over. My interests are things picturesque (I love photography) historical and cultural, gardens, anything water, ocean, waterfalls, lakes, rivers, etc and local food and treats. I am not a big shopper. I want this day to be a specific destination that I can enjoy and not be rushed.
Old Sep 11th, 2015, 02:32 PM

Warm Friday afternoon greetings from San Francisco Bay Area to you, hpeabody, and congrats on future stay in our fine home of Singapore. Love living and working in SIN; special part of the world.

Given your stated interests, will give a suggestion of an organization we have been happily involved with over the past few years, the Nature Society of Singapore. More info via the society's site: nss dot org dot sg/ We've become good friends with some lovely people involved with the society; great cause. Something to peruse in addition to your other (numerous) Singapore recreation options.

A holiday in our city-state can be rather pricey if not careful. Another site: yoursingapore dot com/ lists several relatively reasonable dining and lodging alternatives.

Should you have any future aviation requests, honoured to assist, particularly with my primary business travel carrier, Singapore Airlines. Flying SIA back to SIN (via Incheon) this weekend; love that airline.

Savour your planning, hpeabody; warm wishes to you and all from SF Bay Area,

robert

... Singapore Girl, You're a Great Way to Fly ...
Old Sep 11th, 2015, 05:50 PM
Original Poster

Thank you, Oksena
Old Sep 15th, 2015, 07:31 AM

You can do a free morning walking tour with Indie Tours. We really enjoyed ourselves.

I also liked the Peranakan (sp) Museum.
Old Sep 17th, 2015, 07:32 PM

Sentosa Island - Butterfly Park, Underwater World...
Old Sep 19th, 2015, 06:43 PM

I visited Singapore in a similar situation and enjoyed just walking around the city... Check out my itinerary and some tips on my blog:
http://bonatravels.com/2013/11/18/ho...re-in-one-day/