Reload this Page >

Travel to Bombay

Search

Travel to Bombay

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29th, 2000, 03:34 PM
Raveena

Travel to Bombay

I'm travelling to Bombay for the first time. <BR>Would like recommendations on good restaurants in Apollo Bunder? How's the Zodiac Grill or Thai Me Up? <BR> <BR>Also what are good clean nightclubs? Cyclone or 1900's any good? <BR> <BR>What's great places to sightsee & where's the best shopping?

Old Sep 1st, 2000, 09:49 PM
Serenade

It has been 5 years sincxe I was in Bombay/ Mumbai, and the best food I came across was a generous portion of beans on toast from the splendourous Taj hotel in front of India Gate.

Old Sep 6th, 2000, 02:34 PM
Paul T. Winfrey

We are also going to Bombay this winter. We are going to fly into Delhi and then either rent a car, or take trains to the direction places. What do you think

Old Sep 7th, 2000, 02:25 AM
zzzzzz

What/Where exactly are 'the direction places' ?

Old Sep 7th, 2000, 04:39 PM
raveena

Hi Paul, <BR> <BR>I can tell you sightseeing places in Delhi if you need information as I'm very familiar with Delhi. <BR> <BR>I've been searching the net for sightseeing, shopping, dining for Bombay & have also gotten a good idea on what to do. If you need info. let me know. <BR> <BR>

Old Nov 30th, 2000, 03:14 AM
lorena aguilar

I am planning to go with my husband to Indian and Pakistan and I just started my planning processs. If any of you could help me with the appropiate places we should not miss in India. We will be there for a week. Thanks for your help

Old Dec 7th, 2000, 12:55 AM
Prasad

Hi, <BR>Message: I am planning to <BR> go with my husband to <BR> Indian and Pakistan and I <BR> just started my planning <BR> processs. If any of you <BR> could help me with the <BR> appropiate places we <BR> should not miss in India. <BR> We will be there for a <BR> week. Thanks for your help <BR> <BR>I can help u with the India part. Given that you will be in India for only <BR>abt a week, you will probably have to cut down a lot on what I will tell <BR>you. But that will depend on what you want from your trip. In any case, I <BR>am not trying to be exhaustive either as I am writing this - as engineers <BR>would say "in real time" . <BR> <BR>First a "package tour of India" - enter in Bombay, Goa, then Bangalore, <BR>Trivandrum, Kanyakumari, via Madras to Calcutta, Darjeeling, Gawhati, <BR>Agra, Jaipur,Bikaner, Ajmer, and leave India through Delhi. <BR> <BR>If you like to take in more of the heritage part of India enter India at <BR>bombay, Ajanta, ellora (near Bombay), Somnath (Gujrath), Belur, Halebid <BR>(Karnataka), Trivandrum, Madurai, Kanya Kumari, Vivekananda Rock Memorial <BR>(southern tip), Mahabalipuram, Pondicherry (around Madras), then Konark <BR>(Orissa), Khajuraho (Madhya Pradesh) then Shanthiniketan, Dakshineshwar <BR>(West Bengal), then Agra (Uttar Pradesh), then Jaipur, Delhi, Amritsar, <BR>and take the train to Lahore from there. Btw, this train is symbolic of <BR>peace attempts - unfortunately 'coz of the disputes b/w India and <BR>Pakistan, it may or may not be running. If it is not u will have to come <BR>back to Delhi and fly to Pakistan. <BR> <BR>If you want something natural -start off at Gir National Park (Gujrath, <BR>easily accessible from Bombay), then to NAgarhole Reserve, Bandipur Tiger <BR>Reserve, Ranganthittu Bird Sanctuary (Karnataka - easiest from Bangalore), <BR>Periyar Sanctuary (Trivandrum or Bangalore are ok), Kanya Kumari (dont <BR>miss this , Nilgiris - Koidaikanal, Madumalai Sanctuary (Kerala and <BR>Tamil Nadu) Sunderban Tiger Reserve and Darjeeling (West Bengal), <BR>Kazhiranga National Park and Manas Tiger Reserve (Assam), Corbett National <BR>Park(Uttar Pradesh), Bharatpur National Park and Ranathambore National <BR>Park (Rajasthan) - these are the big ones. <BR> <BR>Maybe you should try a little bit of everything and plan your <BR>trip. Consider extending it too . <BR> <BR>If u are not from India u will find lots of things strange though. It <BR>would be very very good for you to find out what you will expect. <BR>Culturally India has very little to do with the West, so it is really <BR>important for you to expect lots of differences with the way you would <BR>deal with people in India. And lastly - never trust taxi and auto drivers <BR !! Try and book your tickets in advance, especially since you are going <BR>to be there for only a week or so. Things are not so convenient as you are <BR>used to in the West, but you should be able to enjoy your trip. U can <BR>contact travel agents in India for details or possibly write to people in <BR>India if u now any. <BR> <BR>Best wishes for a nice vacation, <BR>Prasad.

Old Dec 24th, 2000, 06:49 AM
Ronson

For the past 5 months I've been working in Bombay/Mumbai. I'll be returning in January 2001. Here are some restaurants that I would recommend: <BR> <BR>Seafood: Trishna, Excellent Sea (I think its also called Mahesh), Only Fish <BR> <BR>Thai: Thai Pavillion, Thai Me Up <BR> <BR>Italian: Frangipani <BR> <BR>Street Food Stand: Badamiya (great kebobs, where the locals eat) <BR> <BR>Continental: Indigo (also has a great bar scene) <BR> <BR>As for nightlife, I would recommend Fire and Ice or Beyond 1900. <BR> <BR>Have fun and let me know if you need any additional recommendations. <BR>