Tour Experience

Nov 16th, 2000, 05:26 PM
Bob W.

Tour Experience

I have traveled extensively thoughout the years but I have always traveled on my own and never with a tour. I am now thinking about going to China and I will go with a tour for the first time. I answered an ad for an agency (Travoca of Newport Beach, California) that provides upscale travel to Beijing and Shanghai along with a four day cruise down the Yangtze river. It is a very expensive tour since everything is first class. I have not heard of anything nagative about Travoca, however, before I commit to the money for the tour I would appreciate hearing from somebody who has used their services.
A heartfelt thanks for any replies.

Bob

Nov 21st, 2000, 04:34 PM
Al

Are you sure it's Travoca? Isn't it Travcoa? One of the most upscale, hence most expensive, tour companies. Have you checked out China Delight? We went with them a few years ago and found it a thoroughly excellent experience. Write us directly if you have questions.

Nov 21st, 2000, 04:37 PM
Al

I must be having a "senior moment" -- the name of the company is Pacific Delight. And they do have a web site.

Nov 24th, 2000, 11:39 AM
doc

My wife and I made a trip to China a couple of years ago using Grand Circle Travel. We've traveled with them a number of times in the past several years and have nothing but praise for them. (In fact, we have three more trips booked at the moment.) They cater to a somewhat older group, agess +/- 55 and up. Lots of included special activities plus optional tours that are arranged on site. If you're interested in my journal for our China trip, feel free to contact me via my e-mail address.

Nov 24th, 2000, 05:30 PM
LEANNA

Hi..interesting to finally hear some feedback on Grand Circle. I get brouchures from them all the time and have come close to booking them a couple of times. I'm very interested in the Yangtze river cruises so would love to hear your adventures. If you would be so kind please do email me your journals. Thank you!