tokyo in 6 days help

Search

tokyo in 6 days help

Search this Thread

Old May 16th, 2006, 10:25 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tokyo in 6 days help

traveling first time to tokyo since 15 years ago things have changes i'm sure...like how do i get from airport to city center like shinjuku or shibuya? i enjoy staying in area close to the action, everything.. where would you recommend..also hotels ? recommended itenerary?
Old May 16th, 2006, 12:45 PM

For getting from Narita:

http://gojapan.about.com/cs/transpor...ritaaccess.htm

I would suggest taking the limousine bus if it serves the hotel you would be staying in. Takes a bit longer but you would save the transfer and won't have to struggle with your luggage. Check out here:

http://www.limousinebus.co.jp/e/index_hotelguide.html

Itinerary depends on what really interests you.

suggest inclusion of a day trip to Hakone, Nikko or Kamakura.

Old May 16th, 2006, 12:56 PM

How long are you in Tokyo?
Old May 17th, 2006, 08:42 PM
Original Poster

will be in tokyo for 5 days..love to see as much as i can fit in schedule
Old May 18th, 2006, 06:23 AM

Well, here's what we did - but we only had 2 full days:

Tsukiji fish market - one of the best experiences in all of our trip

Walk up the Nakamise Dori which leads to Sensoji Temple. There are tons of stalls with good prices.

Sensoji Temple - it was our first, so really cool. We also folded paper cranes here.

Uneo Park for the Tokyo Museum. That was good, but after 2 hours I was on overload.

Edo Tokyo Museum - my second favorite museum - the other was in Kyoto.

Akibara - the techno district. We wandered around a store there for almost 2 hours (we plotted our train trip, bought a photo card for the digital camera, played video games that are not yet available in the states...) It was fun and amazing, like one or our "superstores" times 10.

Shibuya at night - since you want to stay in that area you already know what it's like. We did picture club pictures there. I almost wish we had taken another set.

Wandered around one of the enormous departent stores in Ginza (Matasuzakaya), and maybe eat at one of the many restaurants there. There area several department stores to choose from.

Things we didn't do that we wanted to (and some of this was due to spending more time at some stops than we had originally planned).
Old May 18th, 2006, 06:34 AM

Well, here's what we did - but we only had 2 full days:

Tsukiji fish market - one of the best experiences in all of our trip. Eat sushi at one of the small restaurants on your way out (or watch the people you're with eat - if you are me.)

Walk up the Nakamise Dori which leads to Sensoji Temple. There are tons of stalls with good prices.

Sensoji Temple - it was our first, so really cool. We also washed ourselves with incense, and folded paper cranes here.

Uneo Park for the Tokyo National Museum. That was good, but after 2 hours I was on overload.

Edo Tokyo Museum - my second favorite museum - the other was in Kyoto.

Akibara - the techno district. We wandered around a store there for almost 2 hours (we plotted our train trip, bought a photo card for the digital camera, played video games that are not yet available in the states...) It was fun and amazing, like one or our "superstores" times 10.

Shibuya at night - since you want to stay in that area you already know what it's like. We did picture club pictures there. I almost wish we had taken another set.

Wandered around one of the enormous departent stores in Ginza (Matasuzakaya), and ate at one of the many restaurants there. There area several department stores to choose from.

Things we didn't do that we wanted to (and some of this was due to spending more time at some stops than we had originally planned):

Poke around Tokyo Hands
Visit Meiji Jingu Shrine
Oriental Bazaar
Hama Rikyi Garden - then take the ferry from here to Asakusa - I was outvoted, and it was really cold.
Old May 18th, 2006, 06:35 AM

Sorry, not a double post, it did a partial post, the the full one????