Reload this Page >

Tokyo - Getting from Narita

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4th, 2001, 07:40 AM
Bryan

I hope someone can be so kind as to make a recommendation. I am attempting to cacth the Narita Express to Shinjuku. My flight lands around 3:30 p.m. - The next train to Shinjuku is qt around 4:15 - is that to close ? Does customs take a while? How do you reserve the train space - it can not be done via internet. Do I have to wait until I arrive? Any suggestions are appreciated. <BR> <BR>Thanks

Old Aug 4th, 2001, 08:54 AM
steve

You don't need a reservation. Immigration can take a while if you arrive just after a few flights, or are not one of the first off your own plane. 4.15 would be cutting it fine. If you are going to one of the hotels, then the limo buses are probably a better bet. The counter is right in front of the exit gates, and they drop you off at the main hotels (Slightly cheaper than the train).

Old Aug 8th, 2001, 04:08 AM
Bryan

Steve: <BR> <BR>Thanks for your help. Am leaving tomorrow and appreciate your input.

Old Aug 17th, 2001, 12:18 PM
frqan

Any recommendation? Century Hyatt or Keio Palace Inter Continental in Shinjuku?

Old Aug 19th, 2001, 08:34 AM
steve

I stayed at KEio Plaza. I definitely recommend it. Good location, only five minutes walk from Shinjuku station (and there is an undercover walk way). <BR> <BR>The rooms were very big and of a high standard. The rooftop swimming pool is a little small (but then it is in the middle of Tokyo). <BR> <BR>MY only criticism was the breakfast hours. The ITalian restaurant which had the best buffet was advertsing breakfast until 9.30pm (on a Sunday). We turned up at 9.15 and were refused entry as it was closed (last customer had to be out by 9.30). This left only one restaurant available for breakfast (as three close at 9.30). We had to queue for 25 minutes to get in it. So they really should extend breakfast hours on a Sunday. <BR> <BR>But asides that, very good. It is also a 2 minute walk to the Metropolitan Tower. Take the elevator to the free observation platform, for some breathtaking views of Tokyo. <BR>