Reload this Page >

Time to T-minus....

Search

Time to T-minus....

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10th, 2001, 06:23 PM
lynn

Time to T-minus....

Greetings All! <BR> <BR>I'm getting so excited about my trip I just thought everyone would like to post when and where their next trip is. <BR> <BR>We are T-126 for Thailand. <BR> <BR>Leaving November 14th and I just can't stand the wait! <BR> <BR>How about everyone else? <BR> <BR>Lynn <BR> <BR

Old Jul 10th, 2001, 11:43 PM
AnnaC

T-82 for China - leaving on October 1st for Shanghai, Beijing and the Yangtze. I can't wait either.

Old Jul 11th, 2001, 04:47 AM
Craig

How about T-353 for Bangkok, Siem Reap (Angkor Wat, Cambodia) and Bali? June 30, 2002 seems far in the future but we're already pumped up and looking forward to it.

Old Jul 11th, 2001, 11:25 AM
stephaine

Lynn, <BR>You will absolutley love Thailand its still my favorite place in Asia. It's the land of knock offs. Have you ever been to Vietnam?? I will be there in Nov 2001 and will be going to the usual spots hoi ann,hue halong bay,saigon hanoi...Any suggestions feedback would appreciate any assiatance...thanks

Old Jul 11th, 2001, 11:39 AM
jack

to Stephaine <BR>that must be a first for Lynn- someone else giving HER advice on Thailand.Its like someone giving religious advice to the pope!!! <BR>Seriously though I am also interested in Vietnam but unsure what the best itinery would be.

Old Jul 11th, 2001, 12:03 PM
stephaine

message to Jack <BR> <BR>I knew she was a the travel guru however didnt know if she had gone to Thailand!!! if you get any interesting infor on Vietnam post the message here and ill do the same

Old Jul 11th, 2001, 12:22 PM
Beth Anderson

well, how about T-minus 60 for Provence? <BR> <BR>wrong board, ooops. got a little carried away...

Old Jul 11th, 2001, 02:20 PM
sarah

Well I'm a + 1,200 I guess as I've been here almost 3 years! <BR> <BR>Sarah(BKK)

Old Jul 11th, 2001, 02:38 PM
jhm

Going end of August to Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand (just Bangkok -- I've been to Thailand before, but never to V or C). <BR> <BR>We're going to...well, you can see my itinerary on the "help must decide itin today!" thread... <BR> <BR>I'd be happy to help anyone once we get back in mid September with Vietnam/Cambodia travel questions!

Old Jul 11th, 2001, 03:44 PM
Meg

T-8 for me! We are truly ready for a vacation and are particularly looking forward to this one. 5 nights in BKK, 3 nights on Koh Samet and 3 nights in Chiang Mai. City, beach, hills/mountains. Eating great Thai food, shopping/haggling for treasures, and meeting up with a friend from Hong Kong. We're planning on seeing some sites we missed on our first trip and going back to a few that we saw last time - including Wat Arun for the laser light show. I'll post a report when we return! <BR>Oh - LYNN - hubby said the bowling sounds like fun! Thanks for the info.

Old Jul 11th, 2001, 04:47 PM
lynn

Well, I don't know if I'm a guru but I sure love Thailand! <BR> <BR>Craig - That sounds good to me. Nothing wrong with being excited about a trip 12 months in advance! <BR> <BR>Beth - I've got one for you; T-415ish for Prague and Venice. I'm in the early planning stages only. Won't be thowing myself into that one until we get back from Thailand. <BR> <BR>jhm - We are seriously considering adding Siem Reap to our trip this November so I would love to hear all about it when you get back. <BR> <BR>Lynn <BR>T-125

Old Jul 12th, 2001, 07:06 AM
Beth Anderson

Lynn, <BR> <BR>Good for you! If you want info on Venice let me know. I was there in January. <BR> <BR>I have been to Prague once but it was 8 years ago, and, it was a month long Eurail and backpack trip - I completely winged much of the trip so I don't have any books or notes on much of it (I do remember buying a Let's Go Europe and Rick Steves Germany/Austria for that specific trip, but that is it...) <BR> <BR>it was, of course, pre-internet days (in this form anyway). oh the horrors! how did we all survive. <BR> <BR>tongue in cheekly, <BR> <BR>Beth

Old Jul 12th, 2001, 11:00 AM
Bruno

Hi Lynn <BR> <BR>our number 1 travel destination is also South East Asia (especially Thailand). <BR>If you like to go to an unspoilt area for hanging around on the beach, try <BR>KHAO LAK (just an hours ride from Phuket). That place is like Krabi was 10 years ago. We stayed in March at the Bang Sak Beach Resort, which was an excellent value. But you will find also at the two other beaches (Bang Niang and Nathong) good accomodation. Also Khao Lak and Khao Sok National Park are not far away. Have lot of fun and an excellent stay in Thailand. Look also in homepage www.suedthailand.de for further accomodation. <BR>Bruno

Old Jul 15th, 2001, 05:22 AM
Marilyn

Hi Lynn, we are T-6 for our first trip to China. My husband will be teaching in Suzhou for a week and we will visit Shanghai and Beijing. Thanks to everyone on this forum. Your advice has been most helpful and interesting. Happy trails!

Old Jul 15th, 2001, 08:23 AM
lynn

Hi Marylin - <BR> <BR>You'll have to let us all know how it goes. <BR> <BR>I've been wanting to see Shanghai that should be exciting! <BR> <BR>Lynn <BR> <BR>T-121

Old Jul 15th, 2001, 11:03 AM
Meg

I' m now T-4! <BR> <BR>Bruno- <BR> <BR>We are planning to stay at the Poseidon Bungalows just south or Khao Lak next spring. We're going to do their liveaboard snorkel boat that spends 2 nights around the Similans. Did you go out to any of the islands? The entire area looks great.

Old Jul 16th, 2001, 09:54 AM
lynn

Yippie for Meg! <BR> <BR>I guess it's T-3 for you today. You must be so exicted. <BR> <BR>I've finally hit the four month mark so it'll be all downhill from here. <BR> <BR>T-120 and counting for Lynn. <BR> <BR

Old Jul 17th, 2001, 05:47 PM
Sean

T-48 Till South East Aisa. From Singapore to Malaysia, to Thailand, to Cambodia. Then maybe Sri lanka. I'll see how it goes time and money wise. <BR> <BR>Ps Lynn. Thanks for the the Bangkok report. (got it a few months ago) Don't think I can afford the hotels you stayed in, (not all the time at least) but the Market reports were top notch : ) I might just buy myself a nice watch in Bangkok. <BR> <BR>Sean

Old Jul 17th, 2001, 06:23 PM
lynn

I can't afford those hotels all the time either! That's why we switch off. Some expensive, some not. <BR> <BR>I'm glad you found the market info helpful. Have a great trip. <BR> <BR>Lynn <BR>T-119

Old Jul 24th, 2001, 07:01 PM
Michael from New York

Hi Lynn - I am Leaving for Thailand exactly in three months (Flying on Oct 24th). I will spend a few days in Hong Kong (oct26-29)Then head to Phuket. <BR> <BR>I am booked at the Amari Coral Beach in Patong, and the Kata Thani in Kata Noi. <BR> <BR>I have some days in Hong Kong at the end of my trip. We will pass each other in the sky as I depart Asia on Nov.14th, the same day your travel begins. <BR> <BR>I look forward to reading your Just Back Reports. <BR> <BR>Michael from New York

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -