Three Week Research Trip to Malaysia

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7th, 2023, 02:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys - i'm currently planning a three week trip to Malaysia for the purpose of research, although i'm sure some holiday activities will be involved too! This will be my third trip to the country (the previous in 2013 and 2016 were purely for leisure) and I am visiting to to observe to what extent tourism in Malaysia is impacted by overseas Chinese development and businesses. As well as to hopefully interview tourists about the topic. To this end i'm flying and staying in KL to start off and was provisionally looking to visit Johor, Malacca and Langkawi.

If anybody has any recommendations of places to visit based on this - or has recently been to Malaysia and would like to discuss the topic with me further through a direct message then it would be much appreciated. Appreciate its a bit niche! I am looking to spend the bulk of my time in the peninsula - although I have also put aside a number of days to fly to Borneo, potentially to Kuching as this is a part of the country I have never been to before. Many thanks!