Thailand Travel Agents?

Search

Thailand Travel Agents?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2nd, 2004, 06:23 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thailand Travel Agents?

Does anyone have any good recommendations for Thailand travel agents to book airfares and hotels? Do you recommend using a travel agent for hotels or to book on your own?

(we want to stay in nice places, but don't need luxury)
Old Nov 2nd, 2004, 06:46 AM

My experience is that I do better booking myself using some of the internet sites for hotels.

People report mixed experiences for booking flights. Personally, I just had an experience in which the cheapest way to book flights (Singapore to KL and return, Singapore to Lombok and return) was on the Singapore air website (which is based in Singapore). The local travel agent in Singapore was more money, and the US-based travel sites like expedia and travelocity were MUCH more.
Old Nov 2nd, 2004, 08:20 AM

If you provide your budgetary requirements for hotels, many people will chime in with their thoughts that can match how much you're willing to spend.

For the air, it depends on where and when you want to go. If you give your current thoughts on likely locations, people will post on how best to get there, in which order and where to stay. Again, providing budget concerns will narrow the focus of the responses. Also, if you tell us for how long you're going, we will undoubtedly chime in with our closely held opinions (Bob?).

One great thing about Thailand is that you can stay in luxury hotels for the price of a downtown 3 star in the US or Europe.

Old Nov 2nd, 2004, 09:08 AM

i have had very good luck with using bangkok travel agents...my most recent experience was using sea tours in bangkok
i used eddie at : [email protected]
he may however not work there anymore so if you go onto the seatours site they will refer you to someone...i did only flights with them..

he saved me over 50% on my thai air flight from bkk to bali in june...the interior thai flights were about the same as on the web...he delivers the tickets to your bkk hotel for free...he will charge to a credit card without fee...sea tours is the american express agent in bkk...

i do my hotels from a variety of sources: direct with the hotel, international hotel web sites and discount web sites...i have found www.huahin.20m.com to be quite good..

a few years ago i booked through a bkk travel agent who subsequently went out of business....thank god they posted my flights on a web-site so i was able to have thai air ticket them for me...
Old Nov 2nd, 2004, 01:38 PM

We use www.olavi.com and have had great service from them. Our email contact is [email protected]. We've booked flights for Vietnam, Turkey & Greece and India via them and they have been cheaper via Aussie travel agents. I emailed seatours several times and they did not reply. Good luck and happy travels.
Old Nov 2nd, 2004, 01:39 PM

Sorry I should have said "cheaper than booking via Aussie travel agents".
Old Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:01 PM

I also used Eddie at Sea Tours about a month ago to book roundtrip tickets from Bangkok to Hanoi. His email is the same that Rhkkmk listed above. Eddie was very prompt with email and quick to getting the tickets to me (I paid an extra $10 to have the tickets air courrier to US). I recommend Sea Tours and would use them again. If you want the cheapest tickets though, make sure you specify that you want the cheapest non-refundable price.

Old Nov 3rd, 2004, 07:33 PM

As gecko says, always make it clear you want a cheap deal and ask for the options, I use them all the time and I think it is now 10 years + I have used them without a hitch, if you have and Frequent Flyer Numbers also provide as they put them into the systems to ensure you get your mileage. As the are the official American Express Travel rep they need to be good, their website though is not brilliant at all but don't be put off by that. They have an office in Phuket Town also which I have used, always great service.
Old Nov 3rd, 2004, 07:34 PM

I wouldn't use them or other travel agents for hotels, I would search out cheap deals and rates.
Old Nov 3rd, 2004, 07:47 PM

james---for hotels are your still keen on huahin site??

bob
Old Nov 4th, 2004, 12:28 AM

They link thru to res24 which is owned by Sawadee, and Sawadee always have great photos etc and I overall stick with them.
Old Nov 4th, 2004, 01:26 AM
CFW

They have great rates which include taxes & breakfast.
Old Nov 4th, 2004, 10:32 AM

Last year someone in the forum recommended us thaifly.com, which has an online chat service (actually you can chat to your agent asking for the services and prices). We used it on a BKK-Chiang Mai-Bali trip and everyting was ok (they sent us the tickets to the Penn. at BKK).
regards,