Reload this Page >

THAILAND RULES

Search

THAILAND RULES

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7th, 1999, 07:31 PM
DAN

THAILAND RULES

I have been to Thailand 3 times and my experiences have been very good. Like any foreign country you have to always be careful when you are travelling. Sure there are scams but come on if you are in London, New York, Sidney scams are plentiful. Thailand is cheap I don't care what anyone says If you are polite, curtious but firm in your bargaining the deals are limitless. Your trip to Thailand is what you make of it, always carry a smile and a kind word use your head and stay away from tourist traps and you will have a blast in Thailand

Old Sep 9th, 1999, 10:10 AM
Terry Crawford

You are absolutely right Dan!!! <BR> <BR>I travelled solo to Thailand and as a single woman, was a bit worried because Thailand has supposedly changed for the worst. <BR> <BR>What I found was a very friendly,lovely place. People were curious about me because I'm black but other than that, I didn't encounter anything I don't encounter everyday here in the U.S. <BR> <BR>What really made me mad was the rudeness of my fellow travelers. They dressed inappropriately, talked too loud, argued with merchants over a few pennies while bargaining and treated the Thai people as if they were some kind of zoo animals to be observed but not involved with!!! <BR> <BR>I made special friends there and have a standing invitation to come back. <BR> <BR>That's what travelling should be about. Learning and being respectful of other cultures!!

Old Sep 10th, 1999, 04:34 PM
lynn

Hi - <BR> <BR>My husband and I leave for Thailand in 2 months (November). <BR> <BR>We will be there for 10 days. We plan on several days for Bangkok but would like to see something of the beach areas. I've heard Phuket is very packed, does anyone here have any suggestions? <BR> <BR>Also, what were the favorite things you did/saw and the favorite foods. <BR> <BR>We have never been so would appreciate any help. I've been pouring over the various guide books but I like getting the opinions of regular folks like myself. <BR> <BR>Thank you. <BR> <BR

Old Sep 12th, 1999, 02:41 AM
Kay

Lynn, <BR>I'm not sure about the weather in Nov. <BR>but I would reccommend going to Hua Hin <BR>for a nice beach, good food, and shopping. It is only a 2 hr. drive from Bangkok. Check out www.explorethailand.com

Old Sep 13th, 1999, 08:00 AM
Nat

Lynn: <BR> <BR>Whether in Phuket in November will be great, as northeast monsoon will bring drier, cooler whether to Thailand. Nov and Dec are the best months to visit Andaman-side provinces (like Phuket), as there is ussually no rain thus water is really clear. <BR> <BR>On accomodation, it will be a little pack, but I'm sure that you can always find a vacant room. The nic ones are Phuket Laguna beach resort, or check out Dusit Hotel chain web site. Really nice accommodation there. <BR> <BR>Hope you have a great vacation. Cheers, <BR> <BR>Nat

Old Sep 13th, 1999, 08:00 AM
Nat

Lynn: <BR> <BR>Whether in Phuket in November will be great, as northeast monsoon will bring drier, cooler whether to Thailand. Nov and Dec are the best months to visit Andaman-side provinces (like Phuket), as there is ussually no rain thus water is really clear. <BR> <BR>On accomodation, it will be a little pack, but I'm sure that you can always find a vacant room. The nice ones are Phuket Laguna beach resort, or check out Dusit Hotel chain web site. Really nice accommodation there. <BR> <BR>Hope you have a great vacation. Cheers, <BR> <BR>Nat