Thailand Pictures

Search

Thailand Pictures

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14th, 2005, 03:46 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thailand Pictures

I have just posted pictures from my trip earlier this year (Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Mae Hong Son, etc.) and thought some of you might like to take a look:
http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/Albu...5041&vt=vp
Old Jul 14th, 2005, 04:12 PM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Your pictures are absolutely stunning! May I ask what kind of camera you used? If you are not a professional photographer, you should consider it.
Old Jul 14th, 2005, 04:39 PM

Is there a slide show option on your site? I don't have time to click on each individual photo.
Old Jul 14th, 2005, 04:54 PM

Craig, I could not find a slideshow option. I went to the help section and there is no mention of one.
Old Jul 14th, 2005, 05:08 PM

excellent photographs, tanuki, thanks for posting them

Craig, laurieco, ..., go to the URL listed in the original post. Left click on the thumbnail of the first photo and see the one photo at large size.

See the blue bar above the top of the photo? It says "Photo 1 of 94". The slide show arrows < and > are at either end of the blue bar.
Old Jul 14th, 2005, 05:20 PM

mrwunrfl, that's what I did to view the pics. I think what Craig meant was an option that you press once and the pictures automatically advance without any further input.
Old Jul 14th, 2005, 06:37 PM

tanuki
Thanks for sharing, can't wait to take my own.
Old Jul 14th, 2005, 07:03 PM

Wow. Terrific pictures. Your shots of the children are charming.
Old Jul 14th, 2005, 07:31 PM

oh, ok, laurieco, i didn't read it that way. it is pretty stenuous clicking that > 93 times
Old Jul 14th, 2005, 07:41 PM

lol I may have misconstrued what he meant but that's how I read it. We're probably both wrong!
Old Jul 14th, 2005, 07:52 PM

Your pictures are amazing and are getting me so excited for my trip in August. I wuld love to see a detailed itinerary of your trip, as I definitely want to go to the AMAZING places of your pictures. Is there a way I could email you for more details? Thanks.
Old Jul 14th, 2005, 08:34 PM

just simply wonderful....they make my pics look like brownie hawkeye vintage...i loved them
Old Jul 15th, 2005, 07:22 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to all of you for your very kind remarks! Laurie, I use a Canon Rebel film (not digital)SLR, which is as easy to use as a point-and-shoot,and is extremely light weight. I almost always use a 70-200 zoom lens, although a few of the vista shots were made with the 28-70 zoom that came with the camera. I'm not a professional (thanks for the compliment), but I do like to take lots of pictures when I am on vacation. Craig, I'm sorry to say that I don't think there is a slide show option on the web site, other than the procedure mrwunrful described. But the epson site is free and easy to use, for those who might be looking for an on-line photo site.
rr229, I would be happy to give you my itinerary details and any other information that would be helpful in planning your trip. In the interest of privacy, perhaps you could leave your e-mail address in the guestbook on my photo site; then I could erase it after I copy it.
Thanks again to all who responded, and for those whose trips are still ahead of them, you are about to have the time of your life! Enjoy.
Old Jul 15th, 2005, 03:23 PM

I will do that - thanks again.
Old Jul 16th, 2005, 10:49 AM

tanuki - These are really great pictures. Amazing really. My vacation pictures never look like these! The pictures of the people are really the most beautiful, I think. This may sound like a silly question, but do you just randomly ask people if you could take their pictures? or were these people that you met? Just curious because I'd like to take some pictures like yours myself and wonder what types of reactions you've received if random choices. thanks.
Old Jul 16th, 2005, 06:14 PM
CFW

Thanks for sharing. Your pics are amazing - the detail and close-ups, and the pictures of the people were simply stunning. Would love to hear more details about your trip.
Old Jul 16th, 2005, 07:46 PM

Very nice pictures. The 70-200 zoom belong to L series lenses- is that the F4.0 or F2.8? You take very nice people photos and I noticed your preference taking them in vertical (portrait) view.
Old Jul 17th, 2005, 09:22 AM
Original Poster

Kilofoxtrot, the f ranges from 4.5 at the near end of the zoom to 5.6 at the far end. I don't know much else about the particulars, as I bought it second-hand at a camera shop and it didn't have the manual. For those who may have priced the digital Rebel and assume that the film version of the Rebel is an expensive camera, the body can be bought for around $200. I should have specified when asked before that it is a Canon Rebel Ti; on the T series cameras, the flash is elevated slightly, which they say reduces the "red eye" effect. As to the vertical orientation, it's an interesting observation. I hadn't really thought about it, but you're right. I guess I just natur
Old Jul 17th, 2005, 09:35 AM

Tanuki, I have an old Canon AE-1 that I stopped using years ago when I started using digital. But after seeing your photos, I am tempted to start using it again, maybe even bring it to Malaysia this fall. I have several different lenses for it, including a macro, wide angle and a zoom. Do you have any idea how the AE-1 compares to the Rebel? I paid about $400 for it new but this was in 1979.
Old Jul 17th, 2005, 09:38 AM
Original Poster

Hi, I accidentally hit the "post" button! I was saying that I guess I often just naturally choose a vertical orientation when shooting pictures of people because people are vertical subjects! (Probably why they call it the portrait mode).

Linda05, yours is also an interesting question. No, I don't just randomly go up to people walking down the street and ask if I can take their picture. Most of the time there is already some kind of interaction, even if it is just a smile and friendly observation (especially if we don't speak the same language). Sometimes I will take a picture of a person doing something interesting in a public place where there is no particular interaction (e.g., a vendor, performer, or worker). Parents often seem proud and flattered that you admire their children and are interested in photographing them. I always get permission to take a person's picture, which is usually quite obvious by smiles and gestures, and graciously back off when someone is reluctant. Occasionally, in an area where there is a lot of poverty, people make it clear that they want money to have their picture taken. I avoid those situations, as I am looking for something that feels a little more real.
CFW, a couple of people have already left their e-mail addresses on my photo site guest book and I have sent them details of my itinerary. I would be happy to do the same for you and anyone else here who is interested. I will then delete the addresses to protect your privacy.

Thanks again to everyone for your interest and compliments! I really enjoy this site but haven't posted till now because I hadn't been to Tahiland and didn't have anything to add.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -