Reload this Page >

Thailand beaches in May

Search

Thailand beaches in May

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4th, 2001, 05:32 PM
Mel

Thailand beaches in May

Hi. I am going to be heading to a beach in Thailand between May 22-28. From everything I've read, the area around Krabi has everything we want: beautiful scenery, not overbuilt (yet) with crowds, just a little bit of nightlife, snorkeling, kayaking, hiking. However, I am concerned with the weather. I have no problem with a quick shower everyday, but would like some quality sunny beach time. Has anyone been to the southern Andaman coast at this time of year? Any thoughts on how much it is likely to rain? If it's going to extremely rainy, any suggestions for an alternate area to visit? Something that fits the above criteria? I am really looking forward to this trip and would appreciate any info you can provide. Thanks!

Old Apr 5th, 2001, 12:30 AM
Peena

no rain at all.<BR>Enjoy.

Old Apr 5th, 2001, 02:13 AM
sarah

What point is previous poster trying to make when most people well know that the rainy season in Thailand usually starts early May !! ??<BR>According to Worldclimate.com for Samui area:<BR>May 7.3 inches, June 4.4 inches. So you will probably catch 'some' rain but not too bad. Enjoy.

Old Apr 8th, 2001, 07:33 PM
Peena

Rainy season in Thailand starts in July.<BR>If there is some rain before,it's unusual.Don't m i s s Krabi because you're a f r a i d of the rain.Krabi is on Andaman side.You may find some strong wind in the afternoon but you can still go to Phi Phi early in the morning.

Old Apr 8th, 2001, 10:40 PM
james allen

I agree with Sarah, check the www.worldclimate.com site which takes its data from official sources, look up these places and shows rain sarts in May, in most places drops somewhat in June/July and shoots up again for Aug to Oct. These are facts, not hearsay. However, tropical rain is refreshing and cooling and you should not let it deter you from your trip. In Singapore we have frequent rain, wonderful, so cool and fresh. I think tropical rain is a delight! Moments later the sun appears, wonderful.

Old Apr 13th, 2001, 02:12 PM
Meg

I was in Thailand in May a few years ago and visited Phuket. It never rained - just very hot with very little breeze. The water was rough and cloudy due to the season. I was told the rainy (monsoon) season started in June. Hope this helps.

Old Apr 15th, 2001, 06:57 AM
bruno

Hi Mel <BR> <BR>we stayed 2 weeks in MARCH01 in Khao Lak (nice and quiet beaches between Phuket and Ranong) <BR>It was raining every day at least 1 hour. According the travel books it shouldnt rain so much in March. We think the world climate is changing completely. We remark that also at home in Switzerland. <BR>I would say try your luck in May and have a good time. We love Thailand and go back soon again. Bruno