Search

Thailand - Bangkok & the islands

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26th, 2009, 02:16 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thailand - Bangkok & the islands

Hi everybody,

Long time ago since I was in Thailand but fortunately my friend and me are going january 2010. People have told me that a lot has changed.

We have three weeks, arriving in Bangkok and definitely wanna check it out for a couple of days.

would love to stay on a few islands just snorkel and relax, hopefully with some nice walks. beaches are a must.

Can anyone advise me which islands would be the best.?
Thinking of flying to Koh Samui, then leaving to Koh Panghan. But maybe somebody has some great tips regarding travelling schedule and great islands and hotels.

Wanna stay in Bangkok in a nice but not to overly expensive hotel. Can you recommend something and maybe some great ideas for eating?

Any tips? Thanks!
Grtz Bianca
Old Nov 26th, 2009, 06:13 AM

Seems like it's the third time more or less the same question has been asked this week. You'll probably find a lot of information if you do a search.

Firstly, January is the tail end of the wet season for Samui. The Andaman coast is much drier at that time of the year. You might want to consider Koh Phi Phi, Khao Lak or Koh Lanta. You also have MUCH cheaper options for flights to the Phuket or Krabi airports.

There are lots of nice inexpensive hotels in Bangkok. The main question is what you consider not overly expensive - $50? $100?
Old Nov 29th, 2009, 10:53 AM
Original Poster

Really? okay! I will do the search. Thanks for the info!
Bangkok hotel for 50 dollars would be perfect.
I am thinking about Koa Tao because I love to do some snorkling or diving. What other issland would be good for that?
Old Nov 29th, 2009, 11:37 AM

Soi 8, Citadines Hotel
Bangkok

Stayed there twice. Good value. No frills but clean, cheap and safe. Has shuttle to the skytrain.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...8-Bangkok.html
Old Nov 30th, 2009, 01:06 PM

Have you thought about checking out Phuket? While it can become a bit touristy, it is home to some of the best Thai food and some of the most amazing beaches. There is also tons to see in Phuket, including Khao Phra Thae National Park, one of the last virgin rainforests in Thailand.

As for hotels in Bangkok, be sure to look at Chaophya Park. It is a very nice, yet affordable hotel located in the city’s entertainment and business district.

I hope you have an awesome trip!