Terrific Trip to Chiang Mai / Myanmar

Apr 6th, 2019, 06:16 AM
Original Poster

Terrific Trip to Chiang Mai / Myanmar

My wife and I are back from a February trip to SE Asia. Planned this trip with Nam Ngo at Indochina Voyages. Our 2nd trip planned with Nam. He is terrific and I would highly recommend Indochina Voyages. Started in Chiang Mai Thailand for several nights at the Ping Nakara hotel. Wonderful smaller hotel with a great location. Cooking class with Benny was great fun and educational. The majority of our time was spent in Myanmar - about 17 days there. Started in Mandalay for 3 nights, then a 3 day /2 night river cruise to Bagan, 4 nights in Bagan, then a short flight to Inle Lake for a couple of days followed by another short flight to Ngapali Beach for a couple of days of beach time and ending with 2 nights in Yangon. A couple of observations about Myanmar.

* Perhaps the nicest people we have ever met......
* All of our hotels were terrific...we chose higher end hotels and were never disappointed.
* Always felt safe wherever we were...
* Had been warned that Myanmar food would be a disappointment after Thailand but we still enjoyed the food....wonderful curries, Myanmar beer and very inexpensive.
* Beautiful pagodas everywhere with a very rich history.....
* We had a guide in each location (other than the Beach) and the guides in Myanmar were perhaps - as a group - the best we have had anywhere in all of our travels. Wonderful individuals, extremely knowledgeable, fun and well spoken.

I would be be happy to respond to anyone planning a trip to Myanmar. We loved every moment. It was our second trip to SE Asia with Nam and Indochina Voyages and they really do a terrific job working with us...we are very picky on hotels and itineraries.....
Apr 6th, 2019, 10:21 PM

It sounds like you had a wonderful time. Thanks for posting.
Apr 29th, 2019, 05:06 AM

Which hotel at Ngapali Beach?
SS