Ten days in Bali

Old Mar 6th, 2022, 02:54 AM
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ten days in Bali

Hello all, I知 planning to go Bali with my wife to celebrate our anniversary in last week of May and thinking to stay for 7-10 days. So by reading some articles and found out Ubud and seminyak are good places to stay. Have anyone stayed in these places? Also i read Gili islands also worth to visit. As me and and wife both loving surfing can someone recommend good beach area to do surfing. Also I would like to know about better transportation methods, should we rent a scooter or is it better to have a guide or by ourselve? And amount of money we should take to spend for whole staying?

Love to hear your experiences in Bali and thank u so much I appreciate your suggestions and advices to make our trip worthy.
Hannaiq is offline  
Old Mar 6th, 2022, 12:15 PM
  #2  
 
Join Date: Dec 2021
Posts: 5
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seminyak and Ubud are both good locations for a 7-10 day visit, I've stayed in both and there are many places on Airbnb available starting at $40 USD for a 1-2 bedroom with small pool. Try and find a location near Seminyak Square where the shops are and visit The Corner House for great meals including the Seafood Platter for Two (awesome). Have not been to Gilli's but why travel to Bali only to visit another island? I suggest you hire a driver to avoid the hassles and headaches of trying to find your way around. A driver will cost you around $30 USD for a half day in an air conditioned van with an english speaking driver. Uluwatu, Canggu and Medewi are the best surf spots and I live in Medewi. A budget is hard to calculate as I don't know anything about your lifestyle. You can live like a king here for very little.

Avoid Canggu as it is a horrible place, crowded, unfriendly atmosphere, crime, expensive and home to digital nomads. Kuta and Legion are best avoided as well.
Rellek is offline  
Old Mar 9th, 2022, 04:23 AM
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rellek View Post
Seminyak and Ubud are both good locations for a 7-10 day visit, I've stayed in both and there are many places on Airbnb available starting at $40 USD for a 1-2 bedroom with small pool. Try and find a location near Seminyak Square where the shops are and visit The Corner House for great meals including the Seafood Platter for Two (awesome). Have not been to Gilli's but why travel to Bali only to visit another island? I suggest you hire a driver to avoid the hassles and headaches of trying to find your way around. A driver will cost you around $30 USD for a half day in an air conditioned van with an english speaking driver. Uluwatu, Canggu and Medewi are the best surf spots and I live in Medewi. A budget is hard to calculate as I don't know anything about your lifestyle. You can live like a king here for very little.

Avoid Canggu as it is a horrible place, crowded, unfriendly atmosphere, crime, expensive and home to digital nomads. Kuta and Legion are best avoided as well.
Thanks mate,, Really appreciate. Do you know any resorts with infinity pools in Seminyak.If so please suggest me a good place.
Hannaiq is offline  
Old Mar 9th, 2022, 04:34 AM
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So shall I first start in Seminyak or Ubud and then to beach? What would be best
Hannaiq is offline  
Old Mar 9th, 2022, 12:22 PM
  #5  
 
Join Date: Dec 2021
Posts: 5
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hannaiq View Post
Thanks mate,, Really appreciate. Do you know any resorts with infinity pools in Seminyak.If so please suggest me a good place.
There are many, but I've always stayed in private Villas with a kitchen without the desire for an infinity pool.

Also, I've stayed in maybe 10 Villas in Seminyak this past year and most of the time I'm disappointed with Airbnb as they tend to miss-lead with advertising the Villas available for rent, but my target price is below $50 USD/night. Double 6 Beach in Seminyak is most popular and allows easy access to shops and restaurants by foot.
Rellek is offline  
Old Mar 9th, 2022, 12:34 PM
  #6  
 
Join Date: Dec 2021
Posts: 5
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hannaiq View Post
So shall I first start in Seminyak or Ubud and then to beach? What would be best
Both Seminyak and Ubud are about the same distance from the airport so either one first, IMO. In Ubud, try to find a place near the Monkey Forest as the best shops and restaurants are in this area. There is a Red Bus offering FREE transportation throughout Ubud which is pretty cool. Near the Monkey Forest is a nice Italian restaurant, very good food and atmosphere called

L'Osteria Ubud

Again, sorry, but I have had problems with Airbnb in Ubud also but it seems to be the only option. I stayed at a Villa promising "Rice Field Views" and when I got there found 3 meter walls surrounding the Villa, complaints take days to resolve. Focus on established Villa rentals with a track record of positive reviews and...you get what you pay for.
Rellek is offline  
Old Mar 11th, 2022, 05:55 AM
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rellek View Post
There are many, but I've always stayed in private Villas with a kitchen without the desire for an infinity pool.

Also, I've stayed in maybe 10 Villas in Seminyak this past year and most of the time I'm disappointed with Airbnb as they tend to miss-lead with advertising the Villas available for rent, but my target price is below $50 USD/night. Double 6 Beach in Seminyak is most popular and allows easy access to shops and restaurants by foot.
yeah that痴 true, i also have experienced same with Airbnb, thanks for the recommendation, surely will keep that place in top of the list. As we loved to try local cuisine it will be a good option as many restaurants are near by.
Hannaiq is offline  
Old Mar 11th, 2022, 06:06 AM
  #8  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rellek View Post
Both Seminyak and Ubud are about the same distance from the airport so either one first, IMO. In Ubud, try to find a place near the Monkey Forest as the best shops and restaurants are in this area. There is a Red Bus offering FREE transportation throughout Ubud which is pretty cool. Near the Monkey Forest is a nice Italian restaurant, very good food and atmosphere called

L'Osteria Ubud

Again, sorry, but I have had problems with Airbnb in Ubud also but it seems to be the only option. I stayed at a Villa promising "Rice Field Views" and when I got there found 3 meter walls surrounding the Villa, complaints take days to resolve. Focus on established Villa rentals with a track record of positive reviews and...you get what you pay for.
sure,will that keep in remember. I知 going through reviews of the villas these days to find a place. Again thanks a lot for the suggestions, really helpful to me.
Hannaiq is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Original Poster
Forum
Replies
Last Post
galiano
Mexico & Central America
9
Sep 10th, 2006 09:59 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -