tailors in Singapore?

Search

tailors in Singapore?

Search this Thread

Old May 9th, 2004, 04:56 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tailors in Singapore?

We will be in Singapore the first week of January. When we were in Bangkok in December 2002, I had great clothes made and would like to find a good tailor in Singapore. Any suggestions? Or, is this out of the question due to cost in Singapore?
Old May 9th, 2004, 06:53 PM

Tailoring in SIngapore is excellent, but more expensive than in Bangkok. An excellent tailor that my ex did business with for many years is Leighton's, located on Orchard Road in the Far East Plaza (I believe, could be the Far East Shopping Center). It is near the intersection of Orchard and Scotts Road.
Old Oct 12th, 2004, 08:20 AM
adoptionisfab

how much are suits in Singapore?

Old Oct 12th, 2004, 11:33 AM

It depends on the fabric, the style, etc. They will be more expensive than Bangkok, but not nearly as expensive as the US for similar quality (half or less of the US price).
Old Feb 19th, 2007, 08:13 PM

I realise this is an old thread but wanted to update any readers looking for tailors in Singapore.

I am currently back in Singapore for a weeks holiday after an absence of 5 years. I went back to find my old tailor and was delighted to see Max at Mohans in the Far East Plaza on Scotts Road.

Excellent quality , I started using him 12 years ago and have always been delighted with his work. Shirts and suits especially.

If you decide to go tell him David from London recommended you, I am sure you will get an excellent service from him.

Old Feb 21st, 2007, 02:25 PM
PackedAndReadytoGo

Go to Lucky Plaza on Orchard Road. Coming into Lucky Plaza from Orchard Road, take the escalator to the left up to the 4th floor. On the 4th floor, turn left, walk to the end (there should be a women's clothing shop, then a Philippine Restaurant (likely with a line-up)to the left of the clothing shop. Keep walking and the tailo shop is on the left side of the aisle. Ask for Raymond. The places starts with an "S". sorry forget the exact name. Will repost if I recall.