Reload this Page >

Tailor in Bangkok

Search

Tailor in Bangkok

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9th, 2000, 12:32 PM
Roz

Tailor in Bangkok

Would appreciate the name and location of a reliable tailor in Bangkok - especially one that specializes in silk fabrics. Thank you.

Old Jan 18th, 2000, 02:37 PM
Fabrice Czarnecki

I highly recommend Seville, in the basement of the Landmark Hotel, on Sukumvit Road.

Old Jan 19th, 2000, 09:10 AM
Ben Sagel

Fabrice, <BR>What sort of rates do they charge at Seville for custom-made garments? <BR>Thank you.

Old Jan 19th, 2000, 11:43 AM
Roz

Hi Fabrice: <BR> <BR>Thank you for the name of the tailor. I would also be interested in having some guidance with regards to pricing. <BR> <BR>Have a nice day! <BR> <BR> <BR>Have a

Old Jan 26th, 2000, 12:27 PM
Hank

I would highly recommend the Needle Kng on Sukhumvit just up the street from the Sheraton. Tuxes in a fine worsted wool - about $150 US.

Old Feb 7th, 2000, 04:28 PM
Jason

I have 3 times shopped at Tony's Fashion, which is in the process of renaming to Tom's Fashion (son is taking over from Dad). It is located on Mahanakon Rd., off of Rama IV. You should try to bargain them down about 25% max, but I absolutely trust them. The workmanship is excellent, and prices are good (as long as you don't ask for a 100% cashmere suit!), and all total, I've bough 4 suits, 6 jackets, a wool overcoat and about 20 dress & short sleeve shirts from them. They have three floors-more than most Bangkok tailors, so the selection is very good. If you go, ask for Wendy, an amusing and charasmatic ethnic Chineese Thai woman i her 40s. Her english is very good, which helps. If you want to know more, email me. I don't have the business card handy, but if you email me, I'll get it out for whoever asks so you can have the address and phone. -Jason