Sushi recommendations for Hong Kong

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12th, 2007, 03:03 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm keen to have sushi, esp the raw fish, when I'm in Hong Kong in a few weeks. My guide book recommends Itamae Sushi which does mainly raw seafood. Does anyone have any experience of that restaurant or any others? Do I need to be concerned about hygiene in sushi restaurants?
Old Feb 12th, 2007, 04:52 AM

Don't know about that restaurant, but eating sushi is definitely safe in Hong Kong. However, I found that sushi is a better value here in the US than in HK.
Old Feb 12th, 2007, 10:04 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info. As long as I feel confident that it is safe to eat I'll be happy!!
Old Feb 12th, 2007, 02:49 PM

My friend the sushi fiend loves Tokio Joe, which I also think is very good. They are in Lan Kwai Fong, one of the main bar/restaurant areas in Central:

Tokio Joe
16 Lan Kwai Fong
Tel: 2525-1889

I would make a reservation unless you just want to eat at the counter. It’s maybe US$20-25 for a good-size choice of various sushi and sashimi.

There is also a Nobu which recently opened in the Intercontinental Hotel. It is very good and stupidly expensive, but has really excellent harbour views so for a memorably excellent meal, this would be a good choice.

There is also a “chain” of sushi places called Genki Sushi with several locations all over town, look for the orange signs. They have the conveyer belts with the sushi. Not expensive, and OK, but not great, sushi.

Hygiene levels in Hong Kong restaurants are generally very good.
Old Feb 12th, 2007, 03:09 PM

My friend the sushi fiend loves Tokio Joe, which I also think is very good. They are in Lan Kwai Fong, one of the main bar/restaurant areas in Central:

16 Lan Kwai Fong

I would make a reservation unless you just want to eat at the counter. It’s maybe US$20-25 for a good-size lunch choice of various sushi and sashimi.

There is also a Nobu which recently opened in the Intercontinental Hotel. It is very good and stupidly expensive, but has really excellent harbour views so for a memorably excellent meal, this would be a good choice.

There is also a “chain” of sushi places called Genki Sushi with several locations all over town, look for the orange signs. They have the conveyer belts with the sushi. Not expensive, and OK, but not great, sushi.

Old Feb 12th, 2007, 03:12 PM

16 Lan Kwai Fong

I would make a reservation unless you just want to eat at the counter. It’s maybe US$20-25 for a good-size lunch choice of various sushi and sashimi.