Sub-Zero Ice Rink in Bangkok

Old Mar 27th, 2007, 05:31 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sub-Zero Ice Rink in Bangkok

I dropped in to check out the just-opened Sub-Zero Ice Rink in the new Esplanade Mall yesterday. AFAIK this is only the second ice rink in Bangkok. It's not that big, but is probably okay for those that just want to take a few spins. I don't think they'll be playing ice hockey there though.

But the real "now there's something you don't see everyday" prize is in the viewing area. They have several counters with stools where you can sit and rest, watch the other skaters, and order some snacks. The thing is, they hooked the counters into the refrigeration system so that the tops are blocks of ice. Now that will keep your beer cold! Just don't lay your head down to catch 40 winks if you're tired.

Esplanade is shaping up to be a nice little mall. It's positioned the same as Siam Paragon, with many of the same brands, but the design is actually a bit nicer, IMO. There are lots of good restaurants now open, so it wouldn't be a bad place for dinner and a movie. That said, there's nothing there that would make it worth a special trip. It is easy to get to, as there's a subway stop (Cultural Center station) right in front.
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 06:37 PM

i can see it now....gpanda will go there and put his tongue on the counter (he does this on most counters) and that will be the end of him....no more fresh talk!!! a silent attorney, the best kind!!!

thanks michael....exactly where is that, i do not know that stop??
Old Mar 28th, 2007, 06:59 PM
Original Poster

Precise location is on Ratchadapisek Road, between the Chinese Embassy and the Jusco/Carrefour/Robinson stores. Siam Niramit is close by.

With Fortune Town (IT Mall), Esplanade and the other shopping centers, this section of Ratchadapisek is quite a big shopping area, but it's more oriented to locals than tourists.

Also, I meant to note that Esplanade is a lot smaller than Paragon.
Old Mar 29th, 2007, 04:43 AM

Pandas are great skaters. I will be twirling on the ice. The bar is safe. Pandas on Ice.
Old Mar 29th, 2007, 06:17 AM

will you have the bar stuck to your tongue while skating??