Smartours or ChinaFocus

Jan 27th, 2002, 06:57 AM
jpm

Smartours or ChinaFocus

Hi,

Trying to plan a trip to China and have narrowed it down to these two operators. I have read many good things about both on this board and on Frommers.

Does anyone have any personal experience using either of these two companies? This will be the first time to China and the first time I have ever travelled with a tour - I travel independently to Europe often.

We are leaning towards the 22-day Three Gorges Trip with China Focus but are still open to other options. We are trying to stay under $3000 per person for trip, taxes, visas - basically everything except money.

Thanks in advance for all of your good advice.

JPM
[email protected]

Jan 28th, 2002, 03:58 AM
Donna

My husband and traveled with China Focus to China on the Three Gorges tour recently. The entire trip was first class. The guides were smiling,friendly, helpful and efficient. All the hotels were four star complete with every amenity. all meals are included in the price. They were substantial and there was a choice of Chinese or American for many of them. Our guide, Sui Shude, was ever available for questions and support. The Three Gorges is a sight not to be missed due to the impending changes. The airlines, both trans Pacific and Intra-China were well run and efficient. Remember to register for frequent flyer miles for all segments! Check your favorite airlines for their air partner programs. There was so much to see and experience in China that the time will go very quickly. Let us know what you enjoyed most.

Jan 31st, 2002, 05:51 AM
john

ttt

Feb 5th, 2002, 06:14 AM
x

ttt

Feb 5th, 2002, 08:16 AM
y

ttt

Feb 9th, 2002, 12:27 PM
Barry

We took the 15-day China Focus tour last June with the iniminable Shude Sui. He and the local guides made our trip a real pleasure. Food, hotels, itinerary, logistics, and our fellow travelers (about 26 of them) were all great.

Feb 28th, 2002, 03:03 AM
Margot

We just returned from Thailand using SmarTours and were more than pleased. You might also check out Rim-Pac in New York for China.