Singapore crab and dim sum

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12th, 2005, 01:24 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What are the best restaurants in Singapore for crab and also for dim sum? I'll appreciate any suggestions that you might have!
Old Dec 20th, 2005, 09:45 PM

for crabs try east coast UDMC Jumbo, Red House are good.for nearer to town, try Palm Beach at One Fullerton beside the Merlion. Jumbo at Riverside Point opposite Clarke Quay is a good bet too.

For dim sum the chinese restaurants at inetrcontinental, shangri-la, four seasons and orchard hotels are good. or try imperial teochew or crystal jade at takashimaya.
Old Dec 21st, 2005, 01:04 AM

for black pepper crab try Joo Chiat road..FANTASTIC (ask the taxi driver he will know) prepare for queues though. Its a very basic looking "restuarant" (on the street corner under a canopy really) but the best crab in Singapore.....
Old Dec 21st, 2005, 05:45 AM

Newtwon Circus was my favorite hawker stall, but I haven't been to Singapore since December 2001 and it may have been redeveloped. Crabs were great.
Old Dec 21st, 2005, 02:24 PM

Newton circus was redone last year, but it's pretty expensive and touristy.

I think the best chili and pepper crab in town are at the Long Beach in Marina South. Same food as the one on the East Coast, but in a slightly more upmarket setting. (You can still pick your crab out of the tank.)

The dim sum brunch (I think it may only be on Sun) at the Four Seasons is amazing, if you want to splash out. Fixed price and you can order any or all of the 64 types of dim sum listed on the menu. Much fresher than getting it off the rolling carts. We ordered 5 types, then while eating them, ordered 5 more, then 5 more. You get the point.

For everyday lunch type dim sum, I like the Crystal Jade in the basement of Scott's Shopping Center.