Singapore A/P Transit Hotel

Old Jan 21st, 2007, 09:15 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Singapore A/P Transit Hotel

Question for a friend: She arrives Singapore 11:45 p.m. and departs the next morning at 7:40 a.m. She would like to stay at the transit hotel. She has been told by Singapore Air that she may use their "rainforest" facilities for bed, shower etc. at $35. (Don't know if it's US$ or Sing$.)

Questions:
1. Does SQ have a separate facility or are they referring to the regular transit hotel?
2. Any one have any recent experience with either? Clean?
Old Jan 21st, 2007, 09:28 PM

The transit hotel is different. http://www.airport-hotel.com.sg/ You definitely cannot go to baggage claim if you stay here, so if your bags are not checked through, they sit in the baggage claim area overnight, relatively unsecure. You need to have your boarding pass for your next flight already (or get it in the transit area if you can), as you never leave the transit area when you use this hotel.

http://www.sats.com.sg/newlook1/Rainforest/start.html is the Rainforest facilities...like a lounge but a bit better with somewhere to lie down it sounds like. Prices vary depending on what you use. http://www.sats.com.sg/newlook1/Rain.../pricelist.htm I can't tell whether this place is inside the transit area or just outside, as they say you can use it before or after your flight...

Old Jan 21st, 2007, 10:48 PM

I did stay over in the Changi transit hotel( its in the airport complex).A very comfortable single bed room,I had cabin baggage & the rest were checked in for the connecting flight .I took the 6 hr package (12 midnight to 6 am ) for 25 or 30 Sing $( dont remember cos its a year ago).A good hot shower (very clean)in the morning got me ready for breaky & the next flight.They have a hourly package.You can decide how many hrs you need.
Old Jan 21st, 2007, 10:59 PM

Sorry,I think it costed me Sing $60.
Old Jan 22nd, 2007, 06:56 AM

I've stayed at the transit hotel in Changi several times. The facilities are clean but very basic. Do make sure she checks her bags all the way through to the final destination. If she wasnt to stay at the transit hotel, make sure she books in advance, as they are almost always full.

Looking at the Rainforest facilities, they look much nicer, more luxe, than the transit hotel. I may try that the next time I transit overnight through Singapore.
Old Jan 22nd, 2007, 09:45 AM

Yes, I go to Singapore annually and stayed at the Intransit Hotel just in August 2006. It's totally clean and convenient and I highly recommend it. From what I remember, it's on the third floor. There's one in each terminal. I e-mailed them and made a reservation and when I got off the plane I went to the elevator and went up to the third(?) floor and the hotel was right there. There's also a small restaurant across from it,too and next to the restaurant is the free movie theater. [email protected] ...www.airport-hotel.com.sg ...Happy Travels!