Search

Silk Road

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7th, 2000, 09:48 AM
Daniel Richard

Silk Road

Bonjour <BR>We are planning a trip in China for next year.We are interested in any information concerning the "silk road". We plan to go from Kashgar to Dunhuang or Lanzhou. Is two weeks in march or april a good time to go? How about transportation and lodging? <BR>Thank you <BR>Daniel

Old Oct 7th, 2000, 02:12 PM
Michael

I have a friend on a tour of the Silk Road right now. She will be return on Tuesday. I'll ask her about her sources, tour operator, hotels, etc... <BR> <BR>MIchael

Old Oct 8th, 2000, 02:26 PM
Daniel Richard

Hi Michael <BR>Looking forward to get some fresh news from your friend. Thanks for answering. <BR>Daniel

Old Oct 10th, 2000, 08:17 AM
COYM

Hi, Daniel, <BR> <BR>We offer a private Silk Road tour on our web site. We can customize your trip for you, too. Please visit <BR>http://www.chinaonyourmind.com/ <BR>chinatravel/chinatours/silkroad.html <BR>for more info. The price you see is our current price. It might fluctuate a little next year. <BR> <BR>2 weeks is good for the silk road. <BR> <BR>ChinaOnYourMind.com

Old Oct 14th, 2000, 11:08 AM
Julian

I suggest you read China: The Silk Routes by Peter Neville-Hadley (Cadogan, 1997) and Silk Route by Rail by Dominic Streatfeild-Jones (yes, that is the spelling) (Trailblazer, 1997).