Silk Comforters in Hong Kong

Old Dec 14th, 2004, 08:12 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Silk Comforters in Hong Kong

I am interested in buying a silk comforter. Does anyone know of reputable stores in Hong Kong that sell silk bedding.

Old Dec 15th, 2004, 10:14 AM

Shanghai Tang has gorgeous ones but they are expensive - I find the store in Central right next to the MTR exntrance on Pedder Street the best stocked. You can probably take a look at the deisgns and see if you like them on the Shanghai Tang website.
Old Dec 17th, 2004, 12:15 AM

You should be able to find silk duvet covers at

Blanc de Chine
The Pedder Building
12 Pedder St.
Central, Hong Kong
Phone: 2524-7875

You might also try Shanghai Tang, in the same building as Blanc de Chine, the shop is on the ground and first floor. (Blanc de Chine is on about the 4th floor.) The Pedder Building is in central Hong Kong, about 2 blocks from the Star Ferry, and across the street from the Landmark shopping center. The Pedder Building has several other good shops, including some discount designer shops.

Another place to try is the Prince’s Building, across the street from the Mandarin hotel (and connected by a walkway to the Mandarin).

There are a number of very good shops in the shopping center attached to the Mandarin hotel, esp. the hotel’s own gift shop on the second floor. If that shop does not carry them, they may be able to recommend a shop which does. There is a small shopping area on the second floor of the Peninsula Hotel which may also be a place to find good quality silk items.

You might try the China Arts and Crafts store, there are several branches, the largest is in Kowloon near the Star Ferry:

China Arts and Crafts Department Store
Star House, 3 Salisbury Rd.
Tsimshatsui
(at the Star Ferry Pier)

I would be wary of buying “silk” at Stanley Market or any of the night markets unless you really know your fabrics, as chances are they will not be real silk (although they will be pretty and a good buy).