Search

Shopping in Canggu, Bali

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16th, 2013, 06:22 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shopping in Canggu, Bali

Hi All,

I head off to Bali on Thursday, where our Company is holding it's annual conference. After the conference we are heading up to Canggu for our Annual Staff Retreat. I'm just wondering if anyone can advise whether Canggu has a shopping hub. I'm not sure if it's actually a 'getaway' place FROM shopping hubs! If you know what I mean?
Old Sep 17th, 2013, 01:02 AM

No, Canggu doesn't offer much in the way of shopping, but it's quite close -- 15 to 30 minutes -- from Petitenget, Seminyak and Legian which are full of shops of all kinds.
Old Sep 17th, 2013, 06:12 AM

There is nothing at all in Canggu. The shops in Seminyak down the road are just okay, but there are a bunch of them...
Old Sep 17th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for letting me know. I'm sure I will find some free time at night whilst in Nusa Dua to get in a bit of shopping - I don't imagine it's too far to the shops from there.
Old Sep 17th, 2013, 02:23 PM

I think it depends what you're shopping for. Shops near Nusa Dua would be more geared to lower priced souvenirs. Sanur, which is closest to Nusa Dua, has a range of shops, they're kind of hit or miss.

Seminyak and Petitenget are mostly focused on contemporary beach oriented fashion and accessories, housewares, jewelry.

In Canggu Deus Ex Machina has become a destination for local surf and motorcycle enthusiasts.

There are also some nice cafes just south of Canggu in Batu Belig: Watercress, Baobab are especially good for lunch.