Santa Maria Travel - need help

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21st, 2011, 11:03 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been trying to reach Zaw at Santa Maria travel since November 11. I have tried his accounting dept as well. I need evidence of my flight out of Burma for my visa. None of my emails have been answered. Has anyone heard from them recently?

I have the flight number - do you think that will work for visa puposes?

I really dont think they have run off with the money I have wired them...however I really need a response. Any advice?
Old Nov 21st, 2011, 11:12 AM

Just keep resending the email. I never had quite this long before I got a reply last year usually within a couple of days but he did tell me to resend if I did not get a response from him. I do not think they have run off with your money at all just something wrong with their email or he is on vacation & no one is diligently checking his mail. I think you will probably be fine with a flight number. I attached a copy of our intinerary from Santa Maria to the visa application but I don't remember giving any flight details.
Old Nov 21st, 2011, 12:40 PM

Has the embassy said they need those details? I asked at the embassy in London and he said he didn't need it. however Santa Maria will be able to provide you with the itinerary ( assuming you can get hold of them) I must admit they always responded to me within 2 days max.
Old Nov 21st, 2011, 12:47 PM

I too have been trying to email Zaw for about a week and have not heard back from him as yet. I will resend my email again.
Old Nov 21st, 2011, 01:21 PM

Santa Maria is having email problems. Send to all the addresses you have, and keep resending. In country, we had the hotel call to clarify a pick-up time, as the email wouldn't go through. However, I was in daily email contatc with Santa Maria for the week or 10 days before I elt for Bangkok.

We only supplied an itinerary listing our flight numbers and times. Is Sanata Maria reserving your flight out of Burma? Most of us make our own in and out flights and use Santa Maria for the domesric flights.
Old Nov 21st, 2011, 03:04 PM
Original Poster

Unfortunately I have made my own reservations (used miles) into Burma - but my last communication to Zaw was to ask him to make the reservations out. So if he has already ticketed...guessing it is non-refundable? He had asked for our complete names as they read on our passport - so thinking he might have taken care of it - but I have no evidence of that.

What I have is our round trip air itinerary missing the leg from Rangoon to Bkk (but showing our flight from BKK home), our itinerary in Burma, and the flight number that Zaw was supposed to ticket us on from Rangoon to BKK. Do my seasoned fellow travelers think I should send that to the embassy? The instructions from the embassy (in the US) say they need evidence of the trip - copy of airticket/itinerary or confirmation letter from the tour operator.

I am leaving for 10 days - trying to get this wrapped up...(we leave 1/14)

Thanks all for the advice
Old Nov 21st, 2011, 09:49 PM

I would send that, as it's proof you are going home from Bkk ( and have an itinerary booked with Santa Maria)
Old Nov 22nd, 2011, 04:19 AM

Hi Chichi,

I think you do need to send off your application before you leave for 10 days, as it took me 3 weeks to get my visa back from the embassy. ( I too am leaving on 1/14 ). The embassy is closed for American holidays and there are several coming up, so getting the visa processed might take even more than 3 weeks.

If I were in your shoes, I would buy a refundable ticket online from Thai Air for BKK to Yangon on the day you plan to enter Burma. Print out the e ticket and send that to the embassy, along with your international e ticket. If/when Zaw makes reservations for BKK to Yangon, you can cancel your refundable ticket.

I would not take a chance that your visa would be held up because you did not send all of the requested information.

Hope this helps.
Old Nov 22nd, 2011, 04:23 AM

I meant to say buy a refundable ticket for RGN to BKK on the day you plan to leave Burma, since that is the missing piece.
Old Nov 22nd, 2011, 11:16 AM

I think you will be fine to send that. I think all I attached was a copy of the itinerary