Ritz/Four Seasons Bali: Dinner For Two

Feb 24th, 2002, 03:08 PM
Anthony

Ritz/Four Seasons Bali: Dinner For Two

We are going to Bali in July for our honeymoon.

It looks like we will be staying at the Ritz Carlton in a Club Level room (although the Four Seasons is still a possibility).

I’m putting together the budget for the trip and am in need of an estimate of the price of dinner for two (appetizer, wine, main course, dessert) at the big resort's restaurants.

The menus on their website look great, but of course there are no prices.

It looks like many of you have visited these resorts already, so any information from your experiences would be appreciated.

Mar 3rd, 2002, 10:07 AM
topster

topping...

Mar 4th, 2002, 07:43 PM
Charles

The wife and i did the same thing in September '01(RITZ). FYI a romantic dinner for 2 in a restaurant overlooking the the sea will cost around US$200 (Total). That includes appetizer, wine, main course and dessert. You will be able to get some cheaper combinations but count on decent dinner for 2 being at least 100 US$.

HTH.

Feel free to contact me via e-mail in case you have any more questions.

Thanks

Charles

Mar 5th, 2002, 10:08 AM
Mjoo

We stayed at the Four Seasons Jimbaran Bay and Sayan for our honeymoon in Sep 01. There are so many options for dinner, our average ranged from about $50 USD to $300 USD (for two). Keep in mind that we did not leave the resort too much as it was fabulous, but we did eat in every restaurant at the resort. We also had a meal at the Ritz Carlton since it is just 1-2 miles down the road from the Four Seasons Jimbaran Bay. I can tell you that at the Four Seasons there is a noodle restaurant (very inexpensive), a beachside restaurant (casual eating very reasonable), the main restaurant (a bit pricier but beautiful), and of course the room service.
I must say though, our best meals were room service in our villa at the Four Seasons in our outdoor lanai overlooking the ocean.
You may also want to consider the Four Seasons Sayan. There is a beach/mountain package three nigths at Jimbaran Bay, then they pack up your stuff and take you to Four Seasons Sayan.

Ah, I'm extremely jealous. Please email me if you want any more info.

Mar 5th, 2002, 10:15 AM
Anthony

Thanks so much for the info Charles.

Since you have taken what looks to have been a very similar trip to the one we will be taking, I hope you dont mind if I ask you a few more questions.

How are the Club facilities/service?

How does the Bali Club stack up versus other Clubs that you may have visited?

Was the food as plentiful as you had hoped?

The alcohol is free as it is in other Clubs, correct?

Did you regret not getting a Villa? I was thinking about surprising her with the last two nights at a Villa, and I am curious as to whether you think it would be worth it (an extra $600 including food).

Thanks again,
Anthony

Mar 5th, 2002, 10:17 AM
Anthony

Oh...I didnt see your post there.

Thank you too, Mjoo!

-Anthony