Reload this Page >

resorts in Krabi, Phuket and hotel in Bangkok

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1st, 2001, 03:23 AM
Becky

Has anyone ever stayed at the Rayavadee Premier Resort in Krabi, Kata Thani Hotel and Beach Resort in Phuket or the Montien Hotel in Bangkok? <BR>These are the hotels that are tentatively booked by our travel agent. Any feedback would be greaty appreciated! <BR>Thanks! <BR>Becky

Old Aug 1st, 2001, 05:41 AM
alisa

We just recently stayed at Kata Thani late June/early July. Personally, we liked it there. It wasn't the best place we have ever stayed at, but it was nice. We got an oceanview jr. suite. It was a nice room and we enjoyed the extra space. Staff was friendly. The pools were nice and what we really wanted was a hotel right on the beach, which is why we chose Kata Thani. Kata beach is nicer than Patong and I don't think there are many, if any hotels right on the beach in Karon. Food was fine. Patong beach, where there are tons of vendors and the nightlife is around 20 minutes away. Kata Thani is a nice choice if you want to be right on a nice beach and you want to be far enough from Patong, yet close enough where its an inexpensive, short cab ride away, around 250 baht ($5 U.S.). Either way, have fun. <BR> <BR>If you are looking for a nice hotel in Bangkok, we stayed at the Centre Point Silom, which was the best. Its actually an executive apartment, so there is so much space if you are looking for that. We had a one bedroom apartment and we loved it. The best place I have ever stayed at. The location was fabulous also, five minutes away from the BTS train station and its on top of a Central department store, which make shopping convenient for a quick stop. Service was impecable. You can check them out on their website at www.centrepoint.com. Again, we were at the Silom location. The lobby isn't anything luxurious, but the rooms are fabulous and so spacious.

Old Aug 1st, 2001, 06:21 PM
lynn

Becky - <BR> <BR>There are two Montien hotels. We stayed at the Montien Surawong and it's fine. Nothing fancy but decent enough and in a good location. Easy to get to as it's right across the street from Patpong so all the taxi drivers know that area. <BR> <BR>Lynn <BR> <BR

Old Aug 3rd, 2001, 12:27 AM
wayne

the rayavadee is the best hotel you can get at krabi. it used to be owned by the dusit chain but has since been sold. it is very serene, very remote and ideal for a peaceful holiday. these are the same views that you saw in the movie "the beach". in fact it was filmed not far from there at phi phi island. <BR> <BR>kata beach is quiet and too dull for my liking. there is not much life in those parts. i suggest the laguna group of hotels at bang tao beach if you want quiet. otherwise you'd find the rowdy patong beach more lively and reflective of thailand. <BR> <BR>i have never stayed at montien in bangkok.

Old Aug 3rd, 2001, 11:14 AM
bruno

Hi Becky <BR> <BR>My wife invited me to Rayavadee Resort on Railey Beach when i got my 50th birthday. It was absolutely phantastic.You will like I am sure. <BR>In Kata Thani we stayed 10 years ago - I wouldn t go back there - in Phuket I could recommend the Pearl Village - just 8mns from the Airport. Dont be afraid you wont be border by any aircraft noise. We never stayed in Montien Hotel in Bangkok. But we can recommend either NARAI Hotel (on Silom Road) or Royal Orchid Sheraton (just on Chao Phraya River) <BR>Have a good trip <BR>Bruno