quick bali question ??????

Old Aug 15th, 2008, 01:47 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
quick bali question ??????

looking for a great beach with lots of action . but im also not looking to have someone puke on me at night. where should i stay ...kuta , legian, or seminyak. i like the idea of rolling out of bed and walking to a busy beach. i also have a friend that may be in the nusa dua area. how far is it to get here from these other areas? should i stay in the middle and settle for legian ? thanks for the input...
Old Aug 15th, 2008, 04:45 PM

Of those, Seminyak is where you want to be. There actually aren't that many places on the beach in Kuta. Seminyak has the best restaurants and beaches that are a bit less crowded.

It takes about 30 minutes or so to get from Nusa Dua to the western beaches.
Old Aug 15th, 2008, 05:52 PM
Original Poster

thanks.
Old Aug 15th, 2008, 06:01 PM

copnsider sanur also...its close to nusa dua....don't stay in nusa dua however...
Old Aug 15th, 2008, 06:48 PM
Original Poster

i will look into sanur probably for the tail end of the trip , looks good and maybe a good choice to be close to friends in nusa dua. ..
Old Aug 16th, 2008, 02:31 AM

I cannot fully describe how disappointing Nusa Dua is. It's sterile and off-putting. It is only large hotel enclaves and partitioned beaches. SEminyak and Sanur are much better choices. Not even close.
Old Aug 16th, 2008, 05:06 AM

Seminyak would be my choice as well.The westcoast beaches from Kuta to Seminyak and beyond are one continuous beach so there's an overlap. I think you should focus less on the beach and more on the resort.

Prices in South Bali are in an upward trend, especially for beach front property and especially for the holiday season.

SM, I'd strongly suggest you secure something while you are investigating. You can always cancel it if you find something better later. Believe me, Bali is for December is HOT.

My best suggestion would be the Bali Padma. More than your budget but hopefully your time in Java will balance it out.

Old Aug 16th, 2008, 06:49 AM

Not sure what your budget is for a room but if you do not mind a walk on the beach or a short taxi ride then have a look at The Grand Balisani Suites which are in Canngu / Batubelig . It has an actual beach frontage - no road in front - which few have since the emergency vehicle access raod was put in some years ago , is quiet and tends to attract Europeans . Rooms on asiadirect.com ( where we booked it for 4 nights in June ) from about US$70 and 150 gets a suite . Not grand but good.

A good cheap place in Seminyak is the Kumala Pantai but you need a room in the old wing as the 2 new ones front each other over a second pool so no privacy on your balcony and can be noisy noisy.The old wing looks on a nice garden .US$50 a night .Great eateries at your door as is the beach .

I have stayed at The Padma many times .Well situated and easy walking to everything . I recommend a Chalet room .