Please help me plan a 3-4 trip

Old Apr 5th, 2017, 07:40 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please help me plan a 3-4 trip

Hi guys,

28 yo male from the UK here who loves travelling, partying, sightseeing, beach days and attending sports events.

I'm looking to book a solo trip to Asia, namely Thailand, Japan, Taiwan, Vietnam, Cambodia; this coming May/June/July 2017 for 3-4 weeks and I'm in need of some help suggested destinations and itineraries.

I would very much like to see some of the sites this part of the world has to offer but having only travelled solo once before to NYC I feel like I'm a wee bit out of my depth.

Could you please help me out and steer me in the right direction of a sensible 3-4 week solo trip?

Many thanks.
Old Apr 5th, 2017, 07:46 AM
Original Poster

Edit: "Title should be Please help me plan a 3-4 week solo trip"
Old Apr 5th, 2017, 10:38 AM

You have a 3-4 week trip and have named 5 countries. You'll need to cut some of those places - you could spend three weeks in any one of those countries. depending on what you want to do/see. Spend some time with guidebooks to help you prioritize.
Old Apr 6th, 2017, 01:24 AM
Original Poster

To be honest with you I'm really not sure what I want to see. I just know I need a 3-4 week break and I want to explore some of the countries I mentioned. I understand I'll need to refine that list of destinations and that's why I've come to ask you fine people for a bit of help

If you were in my shoes, where would you go?
Old Apr 6th, 2017, 06:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would start with the glossy guidebooks - e.g. Eyewitness, Insight - and pick at the most two countries. Then decide what you want to see in those two countries. Then we can help you with how to plan the trip. We can't choose destinations for you.
Old Apr 6th, 2017, 09:39 AM

Al of the countries you mention are worthy destinations, but very different from each other. If budget is an important consideration, you'll want to cross Japan and Taiwan off the list for this trip. And sticking with SE Asian countries will mean your intra-Asia flights are shorter.

You still need to do your research - Thursdays suggestion of spending some time with guidebooks is a great way to start. You might also find our photos, mostly of SE Asian destinations useful www.marlandc.com
Old Apr 8th, 2017, 04:51 PM

Stick to Thailand, Vietnam, and Cambodia. That will keep you busy for 3-4 weeks.

You don't go to Japan or Taiwan for beaches and partying as a single male.