Planning a Day Tour Using Ratt Service

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14th, 2006, 06:50 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have been to Bangkok, but our time was limited, have seen the Grand Palace and some of the more traditional sites. I am currently setting up a day schedule to use Ratt"s sevices.
Don't know if I'm planning too much or the wrong things,I really would appreciate any suggestions as I find the people here are extremely helpfull. My current plan is as following:

*Morning Klong Tour-Floating Market
*Long tail boat ride to see the Royal Barge
and canal life
*Recling Buddha at Wat Po and get a foot
massage at the Wat Po Massage School
*Jim Thompson House
*Some shopping
*Lunch some where along the way

Don't know if this could be accomplished in one day or if anyone has some other suggestions. Also does Ratt accompany you in all these items and what would be the approximate cost for her services for a day like this. Thanks in advance, just enjoy reading everyones adventures, this is the best forum site.
peppersalt
Old Feb 14th, 2006, 07:37 AM

1. You can do the klong tour on your own. It can include wat arun and royal barges. You don't need rat to do it.

2. The floating market is not a part of the klong tour. It requires at least a half day so if this is high on your list you need to rethink the rest of your day. You can do it in the morning and perhaps do one thing in the afternoon like the Jim Thompson House or wat po but not both. And then perhaps she can take you to do shopping.
Old Feb 14th, 2006, 08:23 AM

the floating market she is referring to, i think, is sort of an impromptu one that springs up along the klongs early mornings where people sell you things from boats...not worthwhile...

i would do all of those things on my own....no need for ratt really...why pay her while you are at places, like a klong tour, that require not transportation there or co-ordination..

use her to go outside bkk or to a place like the grand palace...even though she is not a guide she points lots of things out..

she used to charge about 250B per hour around bkk based on a full day..

you could easily do all of those things in one day....the klong tour is 2-3 hours with barge visit...JT house is about an hour to max 2 hours with waiting time....good place for lunch by the way...

reclining bud is about 30 minutes....i would skip massage and concentrate on sightseeing and have a foot massage at the end of the day near to my hotel quite honestly....i do not see why people take time out of the day light to have massages...it escapes me....you could do that at home....i know the cost differential...still it escapes me...why come all the way around the world to see things and have a massage....now having it in early AM or at end of the day, that is another thing altogether or while you are hanging around on a beach or just hanging....

we are all different of course
Old Feb 19th, 2006, 01:25 PM
CFW

We used a guide for a day to see major sites on our first trip to BKK, and this year did it all on our own. Much preferred being on our own -- felt like we saw and experienced much more. The only thing that I think you may want a driver for is getting to the floating market.
Old Feb 19th, 2006, 03:58 PM

Don't miss the Jim Thompson house... read the biography of what may have happened to him. Available in their book store. I agree, Get the massage at the hotel at the end of the day. Doing Bkk on your own is somewhat of a problem I feel because of the Thai alphabet, and you can't find out where you are if you get lost..which we did. Not a bad idea to have a guide take you around the city, goes faster and more smoothly.