Phuket or Pattaya?

Old Feb 22nd, 2000, 08:01 AM
Batuhan

Phuket or Pattaya?

I will be going to Thailand for the first time. There are two different tours with the last 3 days in Pattaya or Phuket. Which one one of them is more attractive?

Old Feb 26th, 2000, 06:34 PM
Teresa

Hi Batuhan,

My family and I spent 3 weeks in Bangkok and Phuket last October. Although I don't know about Pattaya, I can recommend Phuket. We had a ball, the sea canoe trip in Phang Nga Bay is excellent. If you're interested I can recommend a good tour, where you are taken to a cave no one else seems to go (as long as you're not chlostraphobic, it was a brilliant day).

Teresa

Old Mar 3rd, 2000, 03:17 AM
Heike

Have not been to Phuket yet, but to Pattaya, which I found horrible as it is just a redlight district.
You certainly have more interesting things you can do around Phuket.

Have a nice trip
Heike

Old Apr 16th, 2000, 08:13 PM
jamesmelbourne

I spent 5 days in Bangcock and one day in Pattaya.Dont go to Pattaya There is nothing to see and no culture

Old Apr 17th, 2000, 12:00 PM
wiesendanger bruno

Hi Batuhan

No question - go either to Phuket or Krabbi (by Thai Airways).
Phuket: Hotel Pearl Village at Nai Yang Beach - near the airport or Khao Lak (abt 2 hours by taxi from Phuket Airport)excellent beach - not yet crowded
Krabbi: many bungalows at the Railey Beach good value
good luck
Bruno