Search

Phuket Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26th, 2003, 08:41 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Phuket Hotels

Has any one stayed in either Le Meridian or Chedi in Phuket?
Old Jun 26th, 2003, 06:18 PM

I will be staying at the Chedi in two weeks. If you post a reminder, I'll let you know and perhaps have some photos too. I've heard it's nice, but last year our Thai mantra was "things are never quite as you expect"
Old Jul 8th, 2003, 08:46 PM

I stayed at the Chedi, and have to say, it's one of the best hotels I've ever stayed at.

It's right on the beach, you get your own individual villa. The food is excellent, although there're only a couple of restaurants. As it's not one of those huge resort places. Staff are friendly and extraordinarily helpful and pleasant. We even got a free room upgrade!

Since it's not a huge resort, there're less people, and in general, very relaxing.

I highly recommend it!
Old Jul 9th, 2003, 04:15 PM

We have stayed twice at the Le Meridian. It has lovely beach, great, huge swimming pools, lots of sports, and a baby elephant. The restaurants are very good. The rooms seem to have been redecorated and are large and comfortable. Service excellent. We love the place. It is very large, but not a high rise place so it isn't overwhelming. Lots of Europeans less Americans stay there.
Old Jul 21st, 2003, 08:30 AM

I've not stayed at Chedi. I have visited Le Meridian and it was very lovely. On my three visits, I have stayed at either Mom Tri's Boathouse, or their more private Villa Royale property. The restaurants and wine list at these properties are the BEST. The Boathouse is on KataBeach. The Villa Royal is not on a beach but on a rocky outcropping overlooking Kata Noi beach. Villa Royale has a nice pool overlooking the Andaman Sea. I can't say enough about the lovely villas (only 6 of them) and the superb service we experienced there. Each villa is unique. Some are quite large and others are smaller. I have seen all 6. The Thai style and decor are marvelous! If you plan to travel over the Christmas/New Years season, you probably cannot get a villa now as they would be all booked. If you can go during the off-season, you might have a chance. I've spent my last two New Years holidays in the villas and wish that I was going back again this year! I'll really miss it!